• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do you like Warforged in your Forgotten Realms?

Warforged in FR? Great Idea or Terrible Idea?

• Yes! This is a great idea!

Votes: 30 15.5%
  • No! Terrible, just Terrible.

Votes: 118 61.1%
  • Don't know what warforged are/Don't care about the FR.

Votes: 24 12.4%
  • "You'll never take the city while I'm alive, monster." "Terms accepted." -OotS 440

Votes: 21 10.9%

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Don't really like the idea of them becoming a common race but I had one warforged PC in my Realms campaign once. He was a prototype by a mad gnome. And as we have been told, they probably wont become part of the realms.

Lurks-no-More

First Post
I like warforged, and think they are one of the most interesting races WotC has come up with; however, I don't think they fit FR except, possibly, as near-unique creations of weird magicians or something found "deactivated" in the ruins of some Netherese or Raumathari laboratory.

So, I voted for no warforged.

Dragonbait

Explorer
I like the 'forge and I have the Grand History of the Realms. I don't mind them in FR in very small numbers. I may not allow someone to play one in FR without some serious enticements.

MoogleEmpMog

First Post
As shock troops purchased from Eberron by Thayan spelljammers, which the Red Wizards desperately want to reverse-engineer? Yes.

As home-grown FR natives? No.

Orcs aren't native to Krynn. Warforged aren't native to Abeir-Toril. Draconians aren't native to Eberron. Mixing and matching just reduces the specialness of each individual setting.

Lord Zack

Explorer
I see Warforged as easily fitting into the Forgotten Realms. They could be creations of the gnomes of Lantan. They could've been created by the people of Ancient Netheril. A Wizard or Artificer (which I also feel fits in FR) could've created some, ect.

MoogleEmpMog said:
As shock troops purchased from Eberron by Thayan spelljammers, which the Red Wizards desperately want to reverse-engineer? Yes.

As home-grown FR natives? No.

Orcs aren't native to Krynn. Warforged aren't native to Abeir-Toril. Draconians aren't native to Eberron. Mixing and matching just reduces the specialness of each individual setting.
Well, arguably, that is the specialness of FR---how it loots other settings for anything vaguely interesting and adds them to itself.

Honestly, though, I see Warforged as something that could very easily and naturally find multiple homes in FR. As a Red Wizard invention, as an ancient Netheril invention recently rediscovered (not too unlike their place in Eberron in that case), as immigrants through one of FR's many portals that have now become native, etc.

What's so Eberron specific about the Warforged that they can only fit there? I'm not seeing [smallcaps]Eberron[/smallcaps] stamped in big letters on the warforged concept here. I think just about any D&D setting that follows the core rules as a baseline could accomodate warforged. It's only a small step from golems, shield guardians or even inevitables to get to the warforged after all.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads