• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do You Play in AL?

Do You Play in AL?

I always see Adventurer’s League come up when discussing WotC’s publishing strategy or homebrew/ 3rd party content.
I wonder how many people here actually play in the AL.

So, a poll. Do you play in the D&D Adventurer’s League?

practicalm

Explorer
I used to run AL games at my local game store but my schedule got too hectic to be sure I was going to be there.

I played at SDCC but I normally don't even play at conventions.

leogobsin

First Post
I don't for a variety of reasons: top of the list is nowhere within an hour's drive runs any AL games regularly but also I don't know that I'd like playing with strangers too much and I don't have much interest looking into the extra magic item/downtime rules I'd need to know.

Oofta

Legend
I do for a few reasons. First, I've moved recently so it's a way to meet new people. I need a social life other than my extended family ... I mean they're related to me so how interesting can they be?

But I also do it just as a way to see different play and DM styles. It's interesting to see how different people handle things. I like playing with a variety of people.

The downside of course is that it doesn't have nearly the depth of a home campaign. There's not a lot of character depth outside of maybe a funny accent and an easily-identifiable character hook.

Remove ads