D&D 5E DOAM Status in 5E?

jgsugden

Legend
Without delving into any opinions on the merits, disadvantages, etc... of DOAM, can we summarize what we believe to be the current factual status of DOAM in 5E?

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Without delving into any opinions on the merits, disadvantages, etc... of DOAM, can we summarize what we believe to be the current factual status of DOAM in 5E?
At this moment:

Non-existent. Possibility remains of it popping up as an optional ability in the DMG.

fanboy2000

Adventurer
It's not present in the Basic Rules and none of the previews we've seen suggest it's there. In all likelihood, it was gone before anyone wrote an open letter about it.

I wouldn't surprise me if it was presented in the DMG as an optional rule, given that it takes-up so little space. Or if we saw it in a 5e Unearthed Arcana.

Ichneumon

First Post
According to legend, savagely beaten to death & thrown into a deep grave where the soil was packed down hard. A small but vociferous group keep a constant vigil over the plot, watching closely for the slightest stirring.

A closer to reality observance is that DOAM's interactions with other game elements were problematic, and that, along with its general unpopularity, got it the boot. Its status could be described as "House rule only, and be careful who you tell."

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Its status could be described as "House rule only, and be careful who you tell."
Pshhhh... I'll tell everybody.

If I run D&D DoaM will be in it, which DoaM will be in D&D, which means I'm totally rubbing my taint all over D&D.

Try to get the smell of it out now. HAH!

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Ok, I'm biting: why do you care so much for DoaM?
My love is directly proportional to others hate. I'm a Love Crusader, forcing my DoaM love down everyone's throat as deeply as possible!

Does anyone really care what your house rules are?
I'm pretty sure a few in this subforum do. At least they cared enough to try to dance on "DoaM's grave" or what they suspect is it's grave anyway.

Making everyone else have sloppy seconds. You monster. :p
I have too much love to give, it can't be contained, and just gets messy all over the place.

Remove ads