Doctor Who 2007, Episode 2: "The Shakespeare Code" (Spoilers Likely)

Cthulhudrew

First Post
That was really good. I loved their take on Shakespeare- womanizing, immune to the psychic paper, deductive genius- I found myself wishing that they'd have kept him on for a couple more episodes as a companion by the end of the show. Thought the line about Sycorax was really good, too- considering the Doctor's history with the Sycorax.

I'm really wondering what the heck that thing was with the queen at the end- if he pissed off Queen Elizabeth that much, I wonder why Queen Victoria wasn't more suspicious of him in Tooth and Claw (maybe she didn't put two and two together until after his foray there; it would actually lend a bit more strength to her creation of Torchwood). Hopefully this story is going to get followed up on this season, and we can see Will again. I was really impressed with the actor's performance (Dean Lennox Kelly).

Martha is shaping up quite nicely- and it really doesn't hurt that she's gorgeous. Yes, I'm a pig. Oink!

Like sniffles says, it was nice to see the Globe theatre. I've absolutely got to get back there one of these days- this time when they're in season and take in a show.

Next week- looks like Doctor Who as done by Luc Besson. Wasn't expecting the Face of Boe again so soon- I hope this means we're going to hear his final four words. (Speaking of words- did anyone catch any Mr. Saxons this time around? I don't recall hearing or seeing anything, but given the era, it probably wouldn't be too out of place to hear someone refer to Saxons.)

One other thing I found really interesting- the Carrionites didn't have a real name for the Doctor. There's been speculation on what (or if) the Doctor's real name is, and this sort of confirms that he doesn't have one. Or not, I suppose- given his knowledge of the power of words/names/truenames he may have taken precautions against their usage at some point in the past. Interesting, anyway.

Best of all- no sonic screwdriver in this episode anywhere! I love that thing, but man- do the writers on this show use it as a crutch. Hm... wonder what would come out on top, the sonic screwdriver or Batman's utility belt?

Last edited:

Felon

First Post
Cthulhudrew said:
Next week- looks like Doctor Who as done by Luc Besson. Wasn't expecting the Face of Boe again so soon- I hope this means we're going to hear his final four words.
Supposedly, it's time for the four words, and hopefully they're a little less predictable than "you are not alone" or any other Michael Jackson song title.

horacethegrey

First Post
Felon said:
Supposedly, it's time for the four words, and hopefully they're a little less predictable than "you are not alone" or any other Michael Jackson song title.
Well, I'm going to take a guess as to what those four words may be. After all there's been rumors as to who the main foe of this season may be and what all this "Saxon" tosh may lead to.

SPOILERS MAYBE "The Master has returned." END SPOILERS

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
horacethegrey said:
Well, I'm going to take a guess as to what those four words may be. After all there's been rumors as to who the main foe of this season may be and what all this "Saxon" tosh may lead to.

SPOILERS MAYBE "The Master has returned." END SPOILERS

I reckon it's:
You are not alone.

Remove ads