Doctor Who 2007, Episode 2: "The Shakespeare Code" (Spoilers Likely)

horacethegrey

First Post
Mark Hope said:
I'm telling you, it's "Please scratch my nose..."
:lol: I don't think even the good Doctor would agree to that!

delericho said:
"There is another Skywalker"
No way! Chewie ain't even human! :p

Cthulhudrew said:
"Your companion is hot?"
Can't argue with that. ;)

Raven Crowking said:
"Soylent Green is people!"
It is?! :confused:

WARNING! SPOILERS MAY BE AHEAD!

Seriously though, if the rumors are true and this Saxon bloke is the Master, then I think it's absolutely fantastic casting on their part in getting John Simm to play the role. After all, the Master is supposed to be the Moriarty to the Doctor's Holmes, equals in every sense of the word yet different in their motivations. So it helps that Simm and Tennant are quite similar in appearance, and hopefully they can play off well with each other.

doctormaster.jpg

evildmguy

Explorer
Raven Crowking said:
Trivia: What was the first story to see the TARDIS land in New York, New York?

(Also, with the polyjuice bit, David didn't just appear in Harry Potter -- he looked very much like he regenerated! :lol: )

The Chase.

The Doctor's TARDIS appears ever so briefly in the Empire State building to the (non) companion Stephen Taylor, I think. I have seen it but it has been a while.

edg

Raven Crowking

First Post
evildmguy said:
The Chase.

The Doctor's TARDIS appears ever so briefly in the Empire State building to the (non) companion Stephen Taylor, I think. I have seen it but it has been a while.

edg

Yup. And here's a smiley for you: :)

Raven Crowking

First Post
evildmguy said:
woo hoo! I got a smiley! Thanks!

edg

You're welcome.

That was also, BTW, the first appearance of Bill Shakespeare in Doctor Who. He appeared (along with Lincoln and The Beatles) in the Time/Space Visualizer the Doctor got from the Space Museum on Xeros.

(I'm such a Doctor Who geek! :heh: )

RC

Raven Crowking said:
(I'm such a Doctor Who geek! :heh: )

Excellent. Then you can help me. :)

I need to know which of the old Doctor Who stories currently available on DVD are worth getting from Netflix, and which I can afford to give a miss. I've seen "Genesis of the Daleks," but that's the only Dr. Who storyline I've seen that didn't come from the new, modern incarnation.

horacethegrey

First Post
Mouseferatu said:
Excellent. Then you can help me. :)

I need to know which of the old Doctor Who stories currently available on DVD are worth getting from Netflix, and which I can afford to give a miss. I've seen "Genesis of the Daleks," but that's the only Dr. Who storyline I've seen that didn't come from the new, modern incarnation.
Well, if you want my recommendation, then you can't go wrong with City of Death, probably the best of the Fourth Doctor serials I've seen so far. An ingenious and fascinating plot, coupled with some fine acting from Tom Baker and others, along with some of the most hilarious dialogue I've seen in Doctor Who. I highly recommend it, go watch it if you can! :D

horacethegrey said:
Well, if you want my recommendation, then you can't go wrong with City of Death, probably the best of the Fourth Doctor serials I've seen so far. An ingenious and fascinating plot, coupled with some fine acting from Tom Baker and others, along with some of the most hilarious dialogue I've seen in Doctor Who. I highly recommend it, go watch it if you can! :D

Cool, I'll definitely check that one out.

Incidentally, I must confess that I found the entire "Genesis of the Daleks" storyline a little slow and, dare I say it, boring at times. I liked a lot of it, don't get me wrong, and maybe it's just that I've grown too accustomed to modern notions of pacing (which have changed dramatically since the early 70s). But it just felt like a lot of it dragged.

Remove ads