Doctor Who 2007: The Sound of Drums

Pseudonym

Ivan Alias
delericho said:
Actually, I think the answer to that one is simpler than that:
the Master aged the Doctor by reversing the polarity of the 'Regeneration Machine' from earlier in the season in his Laser Screwdriver. So, when they defeat their enemy, or perhaps as a key part of doing so, they'll get their hands on it, reverse the polarity again, and have at it. Sorted.

The whole aging thing seemed a rather odd think for him to do. I thought that even without regenerating, Time Lords could go a few hundred years at least before old age set in. Aging a Time Lord 100 years shouldn't have done anything besides giving him a little grey around the temples, certainly not turn him into a withered old man.

Fast Learner

First Post
The Gallifreyan theory seems pretty unlikely to me.

Though...

Anyone recognize that DUM-DUM-DUM-DUM DUM-DUM-DUM-DUM DUM-DUM-DUM-DUM?

Maybe add DUMMMM-DUMMMM-[pause]-dum-dum to the end, and repeat?

Perhaps, say, from the beginning of every single episode?

Hmmm....

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
Pseudonym said:
The whole aging thing seemed a rather odd think for him to do. I thought that even without regenerating, Time Lords could go a few hundred years at least before old age set in. Aging a Time Lord 100 years shouldn't have done anything besides giving him a little grey around the temples, certainly not turn him into a withered old man.

I agree. A hundred should have been a thousand or something along those lines.

Raven Crowking

First Post
Flexor the Mighty! said:
I agree. A hundred should have been a thousand or something along those lines.

Perhaps they were 100 Gallifreyan years. :lol:

Certainly, in The Leisure Hive, the 4th Doctor was aged far more and was far less affected.

RC

Cthulhudrew

First Post
sniffles said:
Since the Doctor has always hesitated to actually destroy the Master, why would he change his mind if the Time Lords return?

He's not really hesitated in the past all that much- he didn't seem to be too reluctant when he torched the Master in Planet of Fire, and I don't recall him being terribly well disposed towards him in the Doctor Who movie (though it's been a long time since the sole time I actually watched that).

The past two incarnations of the Doctor seem to be a bit more hard edged, as well. At the moment, it seems to me the only reason he wouldn't destroy the Master is because he will truly be alone if he does. If there are other Time Lords, that won't be the case.

Then again, the Doctor always has some unexpected moments of compassion (Dalek), so you may be right.

My only question is, why did
Jack give his Vortex Manipulator to Martha? Why didn't he teleport out with her? I suppose he thinks he'll be better able to help the Doctor if he's still in the same location...

I agree with you, and had the same thought.
It seems that Jack, with his access to Torchwood technology and information, would be more useful off the ship with Martha than on it.

Raven Crowking

First Post
Cthulhudrew said:
He's not really hesitated in the past all that much- he didn't seem to be too reluctant when he torched the Master in Planet of Fire, and I don't recall him being terribly well disposed towards him in the Doctor Who movie (though it's been a long time since the sole time I actually watched that).

As the Master is being sucked into the Eye of Harmony, the Doctor says "Give me your hand!" and the Master says "Never!"

I wonder if the Master is the Doctor's son. Therefore, Susan's father?

Cthulhudrew

First Post
Raven Crowking said:
As the Master is being sucked into the Eye of Harmony, the Doctor says "Give me your hand!" and the Master says "Never!"

Ah, forgot about that. Like I said, I've pretty well blocked it out of my mind. ;)

I wonder if the Master is the Doctor's son. Therefore, Susan's father?

Don't think so- they seemed to pretty well move away from any notions of a blood relation between the Doctor and the Master in this episode, without actually spelling it out as such. The Doctor's dismissive "you watch too much television" remark seemed to dispel that idea, I thought.

(Also, the Doctor and the Master were classmates, which even with Time Lords seems like its unworkable if they are father and son. Brothers might have been the case, but again, see the Doctor's comments in this episode.)

Raven Crowking

First Post
Cthulhudrew said:
(Also, the Doctor and the Master were classmates, which even with Time Lords seems like its unworkable if they are father and son. Brothers might have been the case, but again, see the Doctor's comments in this episode.)

Ah, yes, from The Five Doctors.

Still, think Mrs. Saxon is the Rani? The Rani was always smarter than the Master, and better at hiding herself from the Doctor. ;)

Remove ads