Doctor Who 2007: Utopia (Major Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
The only good thing about the season ender for season 1 was...well it really sucked. The whole "Bad Wolf" thing was moronic IMO.

Season 2 finale was carried by the great Black Dalek and his crew and the fact that Rose was shot into another dimension to hopefully never return. Watching the current series I am just delighted at how much more I like Martha. A much stronger character than Rose. I'd have to say that this season is far better than the first two.

I don't care for the new Cybermen or the 2 parters where they were introduced. RTD's stuff isn't always bad, The End of the World was fine, and Tooth and Claw was decent. But the really bad shows IMO were his, Gridlock, Love and Monsters, Aliens of London/WWIII, Boomtown, & Gridlock. Did I mention Gridlock?

I'm psyched that Moffat is writing 2 shows next series. Should be a blast. But RTD is writing 4 so that kind of balances things out.

Last edited:

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
BrooklynKnight said:
I thought The Master was the "13th" and "last" regeneration of the Doctor gone mad?

I think there was some confusion about the Master, the Valeyard and the Doctor. The Master and the Doctor are seperate individuals who are moral and ethical opposites, arch-enimies in fact, opposing each other across all of time and space. Much like Morrus and Pirate Cat. However, The Valeyard and the Doctor are possibly different incarnation of the same individual, the one from the future mad with grief, power and desperation pitting itself againast its own past. Much like Eric Noah and Morrus.

(Grumpy strokes his pointy little beard and cackles)

BrooklynKnight

First Post
The Grumpy Celt said:
I think there was some confusion about the Master, the Valeyard and the Doctor. The Master and the Doctor are seperate individuals who are moral and ethical opposites, arch-enimies in fact, opposing each other across all of time and space. Much like Morrus and Pirate Cat. However, The Valeyard and the Doctor are possibly different incarnation of the same individual, the one from the future mad with grief, power and desperation pitting itself againast its own past. Much like Eric Noah and Morrus.

(Grumpy strokes his pointy little beard and cackles)

Hrm. You know...they HAVE been making the new Doctor angrier and angrier haven't they.

Felon

First Post
delericho said:
Actually, I think perhaps it would be no bad thing if they quietly dropped that bit of lore from the canon, as it does rather limit the duration of the show somewhat, especially if actors are going to come and go. Although if they played it right, they could get a really awesome story-arc out of it, so I guess they could go either way...
They don't even have to drop it. It just has to be one of those countless things that fans obsess over for decades and then a writer effortlessly renders all the minutae-mongering moot with one throwaway line that explains that either A) things have changed, or B) the original concept was never quite properly explained.

I mean, at some point, one would think the fans would realize that they could come up with their own explanations for these supposed paradoxes. Dozens of them. Doctor Who is, after all, a fantasy show with the thinnest trappings of being science fiction. Is there anyone out there who really thinks the properties of the sonic screwdriver are actually based on sound waves? It's a flippin' magic wand. :lol:

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
I think they need to ease up on the sonic screwdriver myself. It's become a do everything device, which is why it was written out of the show in the 5th Doctor's tenure. The Doctor waving it around like a weapon is lame IMO.

Raven Crowking

First Post
Flexor the Mighty! said:
I think they need to ease up on the sonic screwdriver myself. It's become a do everything device, which is why it was written out of the show in the 5th Doctor's tenure. The Doctor waving it around like a weapon is lame IMO.

I agree. I was so happy when they burned it out in Smith & Jones and so sad when he just got a new one.

delericho

Legend
Flexor the Mighty! said:
I think they need to ease up on the sonic screwdriver myself.

Agreed. While the Doctor absolutely should have access to some ultra-tech, and there is a place for a device that messes with other electronics, it's probably a case where less is more.

Cthulhudrew

First Post
The Grumpy Celt said:
Where is the Masters own TARDIS?

I want to say it was destroyed at one point, but I'm not sure. In any event, given that the Time Lords were supposedly all killed during the Time War, and that Gallifrey seemingly is no longer in existence, I'd say that all TARDIS' besides the Doctor's are likely trashed as well.

Presumably- until we learn otherwise- I'm going to assume the Master used his TARDIS' chameleon arch before the Time Lords recalled all the machines to fight in the Time War.

Good question, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads