So who saw the Doctor Who Xmas Special?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I found it interesting that she's kept her Yorkshire accent. I've heard her do other accents, so she could have done a more generic or London accent, but they're keeping the Yorkshire (well, at least they did for her two words).

I kinda expected that the soldier might be connected to our dear Brigadier...

The whole Christmas Truce miracle.. i suspected it might be heading there, because I heard the story about it before... But damn, the Doctor still played me like a fiddle!

Truthfully, it's not like really much happened. There were no villains to stop, there was just a small technical issue with the timeline that was really no one one's fault. But that was fine to me.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I found it interesting that she's kept her Yorkshire accent. I've heard her do other accents, so she could have done a more generic or London accent, but they're keeping the Yorkshire (well, at least they did for her two words).

I thought that was a 'Thing' now, the Doctors can keep their 'ethnic' accents:p They've done Scottish accents to buggery and now they're moving south again

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
You're alone then. This discussion, which you began, is about regional accents. Unless Yorkshire has become part of Scotland since I last checked.

Huh? I replied to one person when said”they’ve done Scottish accents to buggery” with a comment about the Scottish accents.

Richards

Legend
David Tennant got to put his Scottish accent to good use in his "Tooth and Claw" episode, when he and Rose were in Scotland. Sure, it was just the one episode (and not all of it at that), but it's not like he never got to use it.

Johnathan

I thought the best part was the first dr. I felt like he stole the show. He was the best actor on the set

I've tried going back watching some of those episodes from the 60's but the special effects have not aged well and I've lost the appetite for back and white tv. David bradley basically acting like a guys right out of the 60's was brilliant. If they did a recast and had some further adventures of the first DR I would watch and I plan on looking into the audio finishes

I'm going to give the new Dr a shot but its got a short leash . If this turns into the Sarah Jane adventures I will be done with it

Remove ads