• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Doctor Who 60th Anniversary Specials [[SPOILERS!!]]

Zardnaar

Legend
See what happens about the rumors.
Will point out I was opposed to bringing vack David as the Doctor right before a new ones debut.

That's a massive hill to climb.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Hm. I'm not sure if we all heard the same rumours. Here's what I heard (obviously big spoilers for the Giggle if they prove to be correct):

What I heard was that 14th will regenerate into two versions: Ncuti's 15th on the one hand, and Tennant continuing as 14th on the other. If that proves to be correct, it will mean that Tennant will never have given up the Doctor's role officially, with the possibility of a Tennant return being forever possible. I'd dislike it since it means Ncuti will always be doubted as a "real doctor", and it will mean that Modern Who will forever keep Tennant as a crutch, an incarnation to return in case ratings get too low again. Of course, these are all rumours, so we'll see how things will go.
Yeah, I agree. I think that would be unfair to Gatwa.

JAMUMU

actually dracula
Well, they did it.

There are now two official Doctors.

I really feel that undermines Gatwa. The ‘original’ will still be there with his TARDIS.
I think this is the undermining cherry on the undermining cake. Bringing Tennant back was obviously necessary to breathe life back into the show before launching Gatwa, but it does smack of problematics.

If they bring back the Master for the Gatwa run I'd love if they went back to the "monster master" before casting some cool actor in the role.

Ondath

Hero
Well, they did it.

There are now two official Doctors.

I really feel that undermines Gatwa. The ‘original’ will still be there with his TARDIS.
There were so many other ways they could do this without adding this much twist to the continuity (for instance, couldn't 15 intervene and then say "You sit there and rest now, eventually you'll become me and I'll take the mantle). I feel like this causes the whole series to be overshadowed by David Tennant's legacy. His Doctor will always be there, ready to be called back if the series becomes unpopular again.

Gatwa himself looks fantastic though. I'm looking forward to him taking the mantle, I just wish it didn't need to be in this weird way where he technically shares the mantle with Tennant (and his TARDIS is a duplicate of the original! At least let the new guy keep the original TARDIS)...

Remove ads