• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Doctor Who 60th Anniversary Specials [[SPOILERS!!]]

Vael

Legend
Because the TARDIS knows what it's doing. Gatwa will go on adventures to save the world. Tennant will get a vacation.
From The Doctor's Wife:
The Doctor : You know, since we're talking with mouths, not really an opportunity that comes along very often, I just want to say, you know, you have never been very reliable.
Idris : And you have?
The Doctor : You didn't always take me where I wanted to go.
Idris : No, but I always took you where you needed to go.
The Doctor : You did!

jeffh

Adventurer
From The Doctor's Wife:
The Doctor : You know, since we're talking with mouths, not really an opportunity that comes along very often, I just want to say, you know, you have never been very reliable.
Idris : And you have?
The Doctor : You didn't always take me where I wanted to go.
Idris : No, but I always took you where you needed to go.
The Doctor : You did!
And just like that, in a few lines that don't actually invalidate much if anything from the preceding almost-half-century, Gaiman rewrites so much of the series' lore in a way that actually makes everything make more sense. It's probably the most deft retcon of all time.

408842267_750532890454300_9175569841436314766_n.jpg

Kaodi

Hero
I am only the most casual of Dr. Who watchers, like, I watch one or two episodes per Doctor usually. But I would tend to think that if the 14th is written out of the show completely again that it will be framed as reintegration, not sacrifice.

In any case I do not suppose someone could drop a name on that "political controversy" so that I can at least go look it up for myself.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
As for the bi-generation, given how much foreshadowing was laid down in this episode (the Master returning with the aid of a female figure who apparently was waiting under the lip of the flight deck, the thing that the Toymaker ran from, at least one other thing I don't remember)
My theory? It was Kate Stewart.
Bi-generation feels like the wrong word for this in any case. A bi-generation would have been Tennant splitting off into two new incarnations. This just feels like the same thing he did in Journey's End, finding a way to let a regeneration fix him without actually letting go and allowing himself to properly regenerate.
Well, the 10th Doctor was The Doctor Who Regrets, so I think it's on-brand that he just can't let go.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
The hand picking up the Toymaker's Master tooth? That's going to be Jinkx Monsoon's character, whoever it is. Likely another version of the Master. If the Doctor has a fan club, see Love and Monsters, then it's likely the Master has a fan club as well.

As for 10/14...I think that's the version that goes on to be the Great Curator. Tom Baker's role in the 50th Special.

Last edited:

Remove ads