Doctor Who: "Army of Ghosts" and "Doomsday" - spoilers

Chimera

First Post
Of course, we still have Borg....er, Cybermen and at least one Dalek running around.

Not all of the Cybermen should have been pulled in. Not the ones who were created on Earth, anyways, as they should not have been 'infected' with those particles. And of course, what's not to say that one of them couldn't hold on to something and not be sucked in?

Sorry to see Billy leave the show. Seems to be the way these days, though, for too many people. Dunno her reasons for doing so, but I'd be interested in learning why.

At least her character wasn't really killed off and there's still potential for a return at some point.

Liked the change in Mikey.

Ibram

First Post
That was a great episode... I loved it the daelks appeared out of the voidship and everyone was like 'oh crap, Daeleks!'

BrooklynKnight

First Post
You know, we don't need some convoluted explanation or event to make Rose a "time lord".

Such an event already happened. When she had the essence of the TARDIS within her to save the Doctor...

When the essence was part of her she had infinite knowledge. She technically wasn't human anymore, she was the embodiment of the TARDIS, right?

So we can explain her becoming a Time Lord as a side effect of that event. She should still have her key for the TARDIS. Perhaps in the other universe "The Doctor" was destroyed and the TARDIS went dormant. With her prolonged time in the new Universe maybe the Tardis senses her and the latent essence inside her transforms her into a Time Lord. :p

Ok...so maybe we DO need something convoluted...

Cthulhudrew

First Post
You could just have the Doctor's next regeneration be as Rose. There's a precedent (of sorts) for this sort of thing- Romana regeneration was as a physical duplicate of Princess Astra from an earlier episode of Doctor Who. Admittedly, Romana stayed within her gender, but there is still somewhat of a precedent.

Villano

First Post
It was a great set of episodes even though the Cybermen got totally punked (couldn't the 15 million of them have killed at least one Dalek?).

Just out of curiosity, whatever happened to the original Cybermen? Are they still around? My experience with the old series is limited to the 4th and 5th Doctors (saw enough of the 6th to stop watching the show :( ). I also may have seen some of the 3rd Doctor. I think a local PBS station began airing his episodes after the 6th's.

Oh, and there was also that made-for-tv movie. I didn't like it, but I did like that Doctor. I wish they'd do a multiple Doctor episode so we could see him again.

EDIT: I also saw the 6th change into the 7th, but have no memory whatsoever of his episodes. I don't know if any aired beyond his transformantion.

Last edited:

D.Shaffer

First Post
Villano said:
Just out of curiosity, whatever happened to the original Cybermen? Are they still around?
They're still around, so far as I know. When they first showed up the Dr. mentioned he's seen them on a different world in the 'real' universe he came from. We also had the Daleks mention them being 'similar' to the Cybermen of this universe.

Remove ads