Doctor Who: "Army of Ghosts" and "Doomsday" - spoilers

Kesh

First Post
Villano said:
It was a great set of episodes even though the Cybermen got totally punked (couldn't the 15 million of them have killed at least one Dalek?).

Five million was the quote, I believe.

And the trick is, they couldn't bring down the Dalek defenses long enough to breach their armor. The Daleks really are the ultimate soldiers, killing even one would be a monumental event.

My question is, what was the Ark? Is that how the Time Lords won the Time War, or is it an older artifact?

Rykion

Explorer
I know that the official explanation seems to be that the Genesis Ark is a prison, but that really doesn't seem to make much sense.

*Flashback Scene*

Timelord Tom-'Hey we captured a whole bunch of nasty Dalek chaps trying to exterminate us. What should we do, kill them?'

Timelord Harry-'Nah, that wouldn't be sporting. Instead lets build an incredibly advanced but lockless prison and chuck them in. Better not disarm them either, you never know when it'll come in handy for them to escape and go on an exterminating rampage.'

Timelord Tom-'Brilliant!'

It might be wishful thinking on my part, but I hope the Genesis Ark was actually a Timelord attempt to preserve some of their race. It would seem to be a good lifeboat, and once put in the void would let them escape whatever the Daleks did to completely remove the Timelords from space/time. It's quite possible the voidship was also Timelord technology. That way the Timelords can return in the series via a second Genesis Ark filled with Timelords.

death tribble

First Post
I'm not sure Russell will want to do this.

There had to be Daleks left and having the Black Dalek time travel was neat. It also harks back to older stories from the first Doctor on up where the Daleks have got their hands on time travel technology.

The big surprise was that they were in the voidship to begin with. The parting was touching and the entire family are now together which is sort of sweet.

But the Cybermen really got hammered and having the two races go toe to toe was new and really quite wonderful.

Remove ads