• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Doctor Who Season 6 (SPOILERS :p)

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
So has anyone posited that the one-eyed lady is some kind of Dallke?

Dalek? Never heard of a Dallke.

My guess is that the eye-patch lady is River. She would know not to use her real name, obviously. We know River is capable of enough to be put in prison. The version of River we are used to wouldn't know that her future self has become so angry at the Doctor that she seeks to destroy him. And the Eye Patch Lady was able to beam a signal to Amy's flesh avatar while the TARDIS was in the vortex. Who else other than the Doctor has that much knowledge about the TARDIS?

MarkB

Legend
Dalek? Never heard of a Dallke.

My guess is that the eye-patch lady is River. She would know not to use her real name, obviously. We know River is capable of enough to be put in prison. The version of River we are used to wouldn't know that her future self has become so angry at the Doctor that she seeks to destroy him. And the Eye Patch Lady was able to beam a signal to Amy's flesh avatar while the TARDIS was in the vortex. Who else other than the Doctor has that much knowledge about the TARDIS?

One effect of River's reverse chronology is that we already know her future. She winds up as a personality construct in a planet-sized computer after she burns out her body making a heroic sacrifice to save the Doctor's life.

Unless she gets back into a new body after that, it's unlikely that she will become eye-patch woman.

EDIT: Ooh, spooky/interesting thought - there's actually no reason why a computer-based personality construct shouldn't be able to pilot a Flesh-avatar, thus giving them the full experience of a living, breathing person combined with the security of being stored in a big computer somewhere else.

Last edited:

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
One effect of River's reverse chronology is that we already know her future. She winds up as a personality construct in a planet-sized computer after she burns out her body making a heroic sacrifice to save the Doctor's life.

Unless she gets back into a new body after that, it's unlikely that she will become eye-patch woman.

EDIT: Ooh, spooky/interesting thought - there's actually no reason why a computer-based personality construct shouldn't be able to pilot a Flesh-avatar, thus giving them the full experience of a living, breathing person combined with the security of being stored in a big computer somewhere else.

But the Doctor made a point of running through when Rory and Amy were first together is THIS reality. Does River necessarily become a personality construct in this reality?

MarkB

Legend
In addition to saying I think Morrus is right, here's some additional theorizing:

[sblock]When the Doctor sniffed the baby and Amy, he was trying to determine if they were real. It follows that, although he didn't say it, he knew that the baby was flesh.[/sblock]

[sblock]My impression was that he sniffed Amy because Melody said she smelled nice - our first clue in that scene that he's understanding and responding to what the baby is saying.

His shock at the revelation of the baby's status later seemed legitimate enough that I'm prepared to take it at face value.[/sblock]

Remove ads