Doctor Who Season 6 (SPOILERS :p)

The prologue appears to be an American broadcasting thing, if I heard correctly.

If so this is one American that thinks they need to S*#$-can it tute-suite! I've never needed an intro before now, don't treat me like an idiot....

That said, I loved the episode! Has anyone noticed that the power console is the same one used last season for the monster that ate and then assumed the identities of people? I have a feeling that this is not just a re-use of props as has been the case in the past. I see this season trying to tie all of last year's episodes together somehow, even more so than the final episode last season.

The astronaut is the doctor, the one he shot was a clone. That's my guess. As for the pregnancy, did anyone notice that River got sick after seeing the aliens multiple times too? Hmmmmm

And as cliche as it seems I think that River does kill the Doctor, but after the first episode, which Doctor does she actually kill? If my above guess is correct, maybe it's another clone.

One reason I love Dr. Who so much is I'm, usually really good at figuring out what the heck is going on in a TV episode long before anyone else (CSI, Mentalist, etc), with Dr. Who, not so much.

MarkB

Legend
I wonder if the Doctor we see get shot/burned is, in fact, the alternate Doctor from Pete's World (who was with Rose Tyler).

Unlikely. In the finale of Journey's End, he told Rose that his half-human nature meant that he wouldn't regenerate, but would live out a normal human lifespan.

I know it's not exactly tremendously likely or popular, but they could just leave it as it is. Barring subsequent timey-wimey happenings, what we've seen is, in fact, the final end for the Doctor, and they're going to have to squeeze his remaining future adventures into that tiny little two-hundredish-year gap in his personal timeline.

The question is, which one? IOW are they going to segue into another multiple Doctors episode? (I really hope so, it would be nice to Tom Baker back in his scarf and flop hat.)

OOOORRRRRR are they going to bring back The Master?? :devil:

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Are you sure? Because I think he said that the half-human Doctor could grow old and die. I don't think regeneration is addressed.

"I'm part Human. Specifically, the ageing part. I'll grow old. And never regenerate. I've only got one life, Rose Tyler. I... could spend it with you. If you want." - The Doctor #2, "Journey's End".

It's addressed.

I think it's extremely unlikely that Steven Moffat will be relying on RTD plot devices for his stories. Apart from anything, it makes a mockery of the closure of Rose's story. And Steven Moffat really, really likes happy endings - he's the one who lobbied for Jenny to not be killed in "The Doctor's Daughter".

Mind you, when it comes to endings that aren't so happy when you think about them, I draw your attention to "Forest of the Dead".

Cheers!

Remove ads