Doctor Who Season 6 (SPOILERS :p)

Herschel

Adventurer
Good point, Merric. One of the most memorable moments of Series 1 was Christopher Eccleston exclaiming in near extasy 'just this once everybody lives'. He also tidied up the end of the protagonist females' lives with happyish endings in "Blink". Even "Jeckyll" had a weirdly happy ending.

Herschel

Adventurer
That was sad, but made sense thematically. It was one of my favorite episodes, if not the favorite. That disc is probably may favorite of any released to date also, although I'd argue I suppose that the Donna series was the most consistently good, with "Midnight" being the only episode that was a bit disappointing after the awesomeness that was The Library knocking that disc down a notch.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Nobody talking about Episode 2 yet? Well, here it goes...

Even though the thread is tagged as 'spoilers', it only seems fair to use an sblock just at the moment.
[sblock]

I've got mixed feelings about the episode.

Very creepy? Sure. Got that in spades.

Bit disjointed in places - I thought so. I know that they are setting some things up for the season, but even so...

Overall plotline - I really liked it, especially the solution to the problem which the Doctor came up with - implanting a post hypnotic suggestion to everyone in the world every time the moon landing is viewed, which they can't remember but which gets them to kill 'the Silence' every time they see them.

Clearly not a foolproof suggestion though, as at least one was around at the start of Ep 1 before the doctor got killed. Also their ability to blow people up with finger lightning rather suggests that killing them by ordinary people might end up as somewhat futile attempts, but never mind...

My biggest problem is that if they've been on earth monitoring things and doing stuff since the wheel, where have they been in every other doctor who episode on earth pre-1969 ever? Or why is it that just now is the first time they were actually seen?

Obviously we've yet to see the significance of:
* the space suit
* the little girl (Pond's daughter? Time Lord style regeneration?)
* the tardis which the Silence were making

[/sblock]

MarkB

Legend
Nobody talking about Episode 2 yet? Well, here it goes...

Even though the thread is tagged as 'spoilers', it only seems fair to use an sblock just at the moment.
[sblock]My biggest problem is that if they've been on earth monitoring things and doing stuff since the wheel, where have they been in every other doctor who episode on earth pre-1969 ever? Or why is it that just now is the first time they were actually seen?[/sblock]

[sblock]Isn't that the whole point of the creepiness of them, though? The idea that they have been in all those episodes, only nobody remembers them because they're not looking at one right now.[/sblock]

[sblock]Obviously we've yet to see the significance of:
* the space suit
* the little girl (Pond's daughter? Time Lord style regeneration?)
* the tardis which the Silence were making[/sblock]

[sblock]Yeah, looks like these will be the arc themes of this season. Oh, and let's not forget the part where the Doctor's still doomed.[/sblock]

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
That reminds me - it seems that they glossed over the photo that Pond took on her mobile - sure then mentioned it, but it seems that there is a whole element of the gangs discovery of the Silence which was glossed over. At the start of Ep 2 they are looking for them. At the end of Ep 1 nobody still knew about them (apart from a picture on a phone)

Herschel

Adventurer
Flippin' BRILLIANT. The SO looked over at me annoyed and asked "Why do you get me hooked on a show with all these cliffhangers?" There is so much going on even after a supposedly "tidy" ending. Rory's really grown on me as a character and really helps flesh out the ensemble.

MarkB

Legend
That reminds me - it seems that they glossed over the photo that Pond took on her mobile - sure then mentioned it, but it seems that there is a whole element of the gangs discovery of the Silence which was glossed over. At the start of Ep 2 they are looking for them. At the end of Ep 1 nobody still knew about them (apart from a picture on a phone)

Yeah, I can't help thinking they're intending to revisit this episode before the series' end, maybe interweave some of the left-out events into the later storyline.

Then again, it may just have been done that way deliberately, to keep the viewers off-balance.

Villano

First Post
I need to ask, am I the only one who thought the Silence looked kind of like those weird, faceless winged creatures from Beastmaster?

Or am I that big of a geek...B-)

Herschel

Adventurer
Yes. ;)

I actually thought they were updates on the old X-Files costumes. :)

So far, I think the Weeping Angels are still cooler though.

Remove ads