Doctor Who Series 6 Fall run

Herschel

Adventurer
This one was all about making choices and the relationships between the characters. The plot was irrelevent and wasn't meant to be the focus IMO. Amy getting out-of-time could have happened any number of ways. I think it also sets up Amy & Rory's departure from the series.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
This one was all about making choices and the relationships between the characters. The plot was irrelevent and wasn't meant to be the focus IMO. Amy getting out-of-time could have happened any number of ways. I think it also sets up Amy & Rory's departure from the series.

Oh, I agree the character work was excellent. And the makeup on future Amy was incredible.

Amy's definately a gal you'd like to grow old with, yum! ;)
Ok, so I'm an old romantic...with a thing for redheads :p

Good way they showed her having become so bitter because such isolation would drive you insane...which also played back on the Doctor: he knows he need companions to avoid similar issues.

Morrus
well we'd have had no story if it was that easy and
a) Doc was afraid of lethal disease with no cure
b) Murphy's Law still rules even in the future! ;)

Mallus

Legend
Possibly my favorite episode of the Who 2005+ era, if only for the "You're trying to turn me into you" line, which I never expected to hear on the show. They've done horror many times before, but never quite like this.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
I liked todays episode for the modern twist on Minotaur in the Labyrinth, and for the compassion the Doctor feels towards Amy and Rory at the end.

Thinking back on it, I don't think I really 'got' the whole point of the 'praise be to him' conversion thingy that victims underwent, nor the explanation for how the other four ordinary people ended up there, so I find it less satisfying in retrospect than I did at the time. I did like the Doctor in it though.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
I wonder what the doctor might have seen in room 11 (11 for 11 regenerations?). I'd suspect that the thing he might be most scared of is himself. After all, he has been responsible for a couple of effective genocides (or more), and he realises in this episode how dangerous he is to his companions - a theme which Rory amplifies too.

Remove ads