Doctor Who Series 6 Fall run

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I wonder what the doctor might have seen in room 11 (11 for 11 regenerations?). I'd suspect that the thing he might be most scared of is himself. After all, he has been responsible for a couple of effective genocides (or more), and he realises in this episode how dangerous he is to his companions - a theme which Rory amplifies too.

Yup, I figured it was himself. "Of course. Who else would it be?" Not "what". Definitely himself.

Herschel

Adventurer
So, what's up with the Doctor liking apples again now? Or was that just a replica of an apple?

I wondered that too. I'm thinking it's another Moffat non-continuity error setting up something, like the jacket in the Byzantium. Maybe the 'ganger is still in the Doctor's place or some such.

Mark Hope

Adventurer
I wonder what the doctor might have seen in room 11 (11 for 11 regenerations?). I'd suspect that the thing he might be most scared of is himself. After all, he has been responsible for a couple of effective genocides (or more), and he realises in this episode how dangerous he is to his companions - a theme which Rory amplifies too.

When he opened the door, you could hear the TARDIS Cloister Bell ringing. So I figured his bad dream was the TARDIS in mortal danger. Like the Doctor said: "Who else?" The one thing that's going to freak him out is putting his wife in danger...

MarkB

Legend
I think the question that would be even more interesting than "Who/what does the Doctor most fear?" is "Who/what does the Doctor have faith in?"

The maze kept him in the game, it knew that he had faith which the minotaur could convert and feed upon. I wonder what, after all he's seen, the Doctor still believes in.

Herschel

Adventurer
He prefers to be called Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All. :)

Cute episode with the ending being the most interesting part with the set-up for next week. It could be tremendous or a colossal mess. When The Doctor said 'it's time to go' at the end it looks like he really meant 'it's time to go to the lake meeting after about 37 more minutes of screen time.' I'm curious to see how Moffat ties this one together but then another season/series will be in the books.

Pinotage

Explorer
He prefers to be called Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All. :)

Cute episode with the ending being the most interesting part with the set-up for next week. It could be tremendous or a colossal mess. When The Doctor said 'it's time to go' at the end it looks like he really meant 'it's time to go to the lake meeting after about 37 more minutes of screen time.' I'm curious to see how Moffat ties this one together but then another season/series will be in the books.

But didn't the Impossible Astronaut say something that the Doctor at the lake who dies being several hundred years older? I don't see how the Doctor at this age can be going to the lake, unless they're mixing Doctor timelines and not telling us.

Pinotage

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
But didn't the Impossible Astronaut say something that the Doctor at the lake who dies being several hundred years older? I don't see how the Doctor at this age can be going to the lake, unless they're mixing Doctor timelines and not telling us.

Pinotage

The Cyberman episode was 200 years after the previous episode. He spent 200 years travelling around.

Remove ads