Doctor Who to get extra companion.

Pseudonym

Ivan Alias
Tauric said:
How are the people in the US watching Torchwood and the 2nd season of Dr. Who already? Where I'm at, they haven't been shown yet. Now, I only get cable, so I have to watch on SciFi or BBC America, so if you guys have satellites or some other way to watch shows from overseas I won't worry, but if you're watching them on a channel I get and I am missing them, I will be upset.

Sci-Fi will be starting the 3rd season of Doctor Who this Friday, starting with The Runaway Bride and Smith and Jones.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Well, I for one am hoping that the next season of Torchwood has more hits and less misses. While I enjoyed the first season, I thought it was trying to too hard to be edgy for sake of being edgy. Jack was a bit too dark and the others were inconsistent at times. Maybe if they settled on a single team of writers like Doctor Who does then things won't be so all over the place.

It should be fun to see Martha on Torchwood. Hopefully they'll keep her bright and hopeful. I just wonder what the relationship between her and Owen will be as they're both doctors (well, she's *almost* a doctor) and whether it will be a rivalry or a teacher/student type of relationship.

Anyone know when season 2 is supposed to air in the UK?

I'm not quite sold on the idea of Catherine Tate as the Doctor's new companion... I just can't imagine why anyone would want to travel with that woman. Who knows though, maybe it'll be good.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
> And I'll be looking forward to seeing if Jack gets some of his
> morality back after what just happened to him.

Umm, that's not too likely given that ... (Spoiler to end of the episode "Last of the Time Lords" and other Season 1 and 2 episodes)
[sblock]...Jack revealed to the Doctor and Martha that, on his home world, they called him "The Face of Boe." The Face of Boe, if you don't remember, is that big head in a glass case that travels the universe. He appeared in Season 1 Episode 2 to witness the death of earth and also in Season 2 Episode 1 when he was sick in the cat hospital on New Earth. Then again later in the season when he finally died after giving all his life energy to free the last remnants of New Earth's humans from the freeway where they'd been stuck for years.

Yeah, the Face of Boe was an alien (or was it?) but it was also rumored to be a billion year's old (actually, since this is after the year 5 billion he'd have to be even older). Who else in Doctor Who's menagerie could live to be that old... only Jack. And he did say that he was aging even though he couldn't die; that's enough to say that he isn't static so he could plausibly change into the alien Face of Boe that we know and love over the course of billions of years.
[/sblock]

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
Lobo Lurker said:
> And I'll be looking forward to seeing if Jack gets some of his
> morality back after what just happened to him.
Morality =! mortality.

He means that he's hoping that Jack will be less of a wanker.

Felon

First Post
Well, we kinda knew Martha would be back--after all, they didn't have enough time to have a run-in with Sally Sparrow yet.

Felon

First Post
Viking Bastard said:
Well, I definately didn't see that coming.

But, allright. I'm game.

It's time for a bumbling companion. Enough of these ultra-tough sassy gals for a bit.
Oh, have no doubts, she'll be an ultra-tough sassy gal in no time flat (she kinda already was). She'll just be a bit more bumbling about it.

Raven Crowking

First Post
delericho said:
I do. That's an awful, awful piece of news. Donna was okay for one episode, mostly because of the interaction between the characters, but she got old fast. The best moment of that episode, for me, was when she declined to travel with him.

Quoted for troof.

Remove ads