Doctor Who to get extra companion.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
sniffles said:
I'm just hoping the Doctor's new companion isn't Kylie Minogue...

Errm - she's hardly likely to sign up for an entire TV series! An XMas one-off, yep, but she has a pretty full time music career - and is far, far more famous than David Tennant!

Latest word from Dark Horizons--for whatever that's worth--is that the new companion is a man, and that the front-runner is the actor who portrayed the doctor/resistance fighter in Last of the Time Lords.

horacethegrey

First Post
Eh?!! :confused:

Catherine Tate again?! Okay, I'll admit to liking Donna in The Runaway Bride, but she was bordering on annoying and I thought one episode with her was enough. But now she's going in for a full season? Hmm. Well her interactions with Tennant are sure to be funny. Just hope they don't make it full blown comedy.

Still disappointed that it wasn't a guy though. :\

Cthulhudrew

First Post
At the end of LotTL, when the Doctor was talking about how he'd be looking after the Master because he was his responsibility, I found myself wondering if they were going to have the Master be a companion (albeit a reluctant one) for part of the third season. When I had that thought, I actually wanted it to happen, to see Tennant and Simm together as the last Time Lords journeying around for a while. It would have been cool.

Don't imagine that's what they have in mind for his new companion, though.

[EDIT- Just read the press release, and yeah- guess I was as wrong as I thought. Dang- I didn't really mind Tate, but to choose her as the regular season long companion over Freema? What are they smoking?]

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
Well, I definately didn't see that coming.

But, allright. I'm game.

It's time for a bumbling companion. Enough of these ultra-tough sassy gals for a bit.

And now there's just hoping she won't get smitten with him.

Last edited:

Tauric

First Post
How are the people in the US watching Torchwood and the 2nd season of Dr. Who already? Where I'm at, they haven't been shown yet. Now, I only get cable, so I have to watch on SciFi or BBC America, so if you guys have satellites or some other way to watch shows from overseas I won't worry, but if you're watching them on a channel I get and I am missing them, I will be upset.

It's bad enough having to avoid reading threads about the individual episodes.

Sorry for straying off-topic, but I just wanted to vent my jealousy.

Last edited:

Remove ads