• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Doctor Who to get extra companion.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
sniffles said:
I'm just hoping the Doctor's new companion isn't Kylie Minogue...

Errm - she's hardly likely to sign up for an entire TV series! An XMas one-off, yep, but she has a pretty full time music career - and is far, far more famous than David Tennant!

Latest word from Dark Horizons--for whatever that's worth--is that the new companion is a man, and that the front-runner is the actor who portrayed the doctor/resistance fighter in Last of the Time Lords.

horacethegrey

First Post
Eh?!! :confused:

Catherine Tate again?! Okay, I'll admit to liking Donna in The Runaway Bride, but she was bordering on annoying and I thought one episode with her was enough. But now she's going in for a full season? Hmm. Well her interactions with Tennant are sure to be funny. Just hope they don't make it full blown comedy.

Still disappointed that it wasn't a guy though. :\

Cthulhudrew

First Post
At the end of LotTL, when the Doctor was talking about how he'd be looking after the Master because he was his responsibility, I found myself wondering if they were going to have the Master be a companion (albeit a reluctant one) for part of the third season. When I had that thought, I actually wanted it to happen, to see Tennant and Simm together as the last Time Lords journeying around for a while. It would have been cool.

Don't imagine that's what they have in mind for his new companion, though.

[EDIT- Just read the press release, and yeah- guess I was as wrong as I thought. Dang- I didn't really mind Tate, but to choose her as the regular season long companion over Freema? What are they smoking?]

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
Well, I definately didn't see that coming.

But, allright. I'm game.

It's time for a bumbling companion. Enough of these ultra-tough sassy gals for a bit.

And now there's just hoping she won't get smitten with him.

Last edited:

Tauric

First Post
How are the people in the US watching Torchwood and the 2nd season of Dr. Who already? Where I'm at, they haven't been shown yet. Now, I only get cable, so I have to watch on SciFi or BBC America, so if you guys have satellites or some other way to watch shows from overseas I won't worry, but if you're watching them on a channel I get and I am missing them, I will be upset.

It's bad enough having to avoid reading threads about the individual episodes.

Sorry for straying off-topic, but I just wanted to vent my jealousy.

Last edited:

Remove ads