Does anyone have a complete Summon Nature's Ally list?

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
I've got a level 16 druid with augment summoning, which means that summoning critters is one of my main schticks (especially since the party has got three melee monsters in it already, so I don't need to go frontline myself). I've been working for the last half-hour to create index cards for my creatures, but at this level, it takes forever to make a single card. Greater air elementals, for example, mean i need to write down all their stats, modify attack bonus but not damage, write down how a whirlwind works, cross-reference the save DC, modify it for str, write down about the whirlwind's secondary cloud effects, etc.

If anyone has the stats for the creatures in a spreadsheet or word document, that'd save me tons of time, and earn my gratitude. Anyone? Anyone?

Daniel

Staffan

Legend
Problem with that is that those aren't readily available in an easy-to-use text-based format. If you look in the right place you can find them in PDF (but that would probably have legal issues - I don't know if they have them at DTRPG, but no-one in their right mind pays full cover price for a PDF of a book they already own anyway), but that's not as easily copy/pasted.

Plus, there would be legal issues of distributing such stats anyway.

TheNovaLord

First Post
wasnt thinking of stats, just the names really. Would a list saying 'the following monster could be used for summon monster I'

Storm rat from MM XVII
Talking pig from the book of fairy tales III

etc.

be legal?

JohnD

Infiniti2000

First Post
Attached are the summoned nature's ally I-IX sta blocks in MMIV format. I've included descriptions, languages, and pictures (where available). I've also worked up the stats for animal growth, augmented, and animal growth + augmented (thus four separate sets). The critters are 4 per page. The idea is to print them out on cardstock and then cut them out. Feel free to use them however you wish, modify them, and redistribute them, but don't hold me liable for anything.

NOTE: Fortunately/Unfortunately they also have various houserules and error corrections. I welcome comments on that (I've started a few threads on some of it recently), but I'm sure they will not break your game even if used as is (and nothing else uses those houserules). It should not be too onerous to re-alter them to be core, though how you handle the undefined cases is beyond me.
Houserules Used said:
House Rules Incorporated Into These Stat Blocks
These changes are clearly house rules, for good or ill. If you have a question/problem on any particular one, let me know.

1. Toughness: +3hp, +1hp/HD more than 3HD. It cannot be taken more than once, so creatures with it more than once have other feats chosen. The replacement feats are not overpowering choices and include one Improved Natural Armor.
2. Dodge: applies to all opponents, so this is already figured into the AC
3. Earth elementals get tremorsense to 30ft x ”age”.
4. Mobility gives +4 to Tumble when avoiding attacks of opportunity, so creatures with Mobility (like the fire elemental) are generally given a rank in Tumble.
5. Power Attack is limited to +6, so there’s a new feat called Improved Power Attack that makes it unlimited. This feat has been given to some of the earth elementals, replacing their Improved Bull Rush feat

“Error Correction” Incorporated Into These Stat Blocks
I wouldn’t really call these house rules, just corrections of errors that I think are in the rules.

1. The dog has a modified Jump skill (error correction, not really a houserule).
2. The celestial charger unicorn had no 3rd level domain spell chosen, so I swapped out prayer for dominate animal.
3. Rake attacks are secondary weapons, but get the benefits (e.g. weapon focus, improved natural attack) of claws. Note that the existing stat blocks are greatly conflicting on this and no rules are explicitly provided. This makes things like animal growth hard to adjudicate (or that the rakes do not improve with size or strength or BAB).
4. The giant octopus should do +5 damage on the constriction.
5. Greater Fire Elementals should have Int 8 (like the other four elementals).
6. Elder Fire Elementals should have Int 10 (like the other four elementals) and one more rank that is missing.
7. Swallow Whole doesn’t follow a standard pattern, so I made it use the base damage dice as listed (not bite or anything) plus the strength modifier. The dire shark was already like this, but the T-Rex was off one point. This means that animal growth, etc., will be affected by it.

Attachments

• SNA.zip
    764.4 KB · Views: 830
  • SNA Augment Summoning.zip
    770.3 KB · Views: 878
  • SNA Animal Growth.zip
    239.4 KB · Views: 539
  • SNA Animal Growth & Augment.zip
    241.6 KB · Views: 626
Last edited:

Vorput

First Post
Infiniti2000 said:
Attached are the summoned nature's ally I-IX sta blocks in MMIV format.

...Awesome... just awesome. Infiniti- you're amazing. The stats/cards alone would be one thing- but modified to include Animal growth and A.S. Just awesome. These will be a staple next time I play a druid.

Vorp

Remove ads