• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Does anyone have a solution to make the 4E Character Builder work on Mac?

VisanidethDM

First Post
I'm in need of using the CB with a portable computer during our games and... it's a Mac. Now, I can't seem to find a way to make Silverlight work on anything that isn't Internet Explorer.

Does any Mac user have some wisdom to share? Free xp for all :p .

Elboe

Explorer
I assume it's the online cb you are talking about. I just bought a new Mac, so the first time with the new OS. When I tried to load it in Safari I needed to download and install silverlight. Then it needs to enabled in the Safari preferences. Go to the Websites tab and on the lower left click on Silverlight to turn it on, then on the right turn it on for the website you need it on. You'll still need a internet connection and the subscription, of course. I hope this helps.

VisanidethDM

First Post
I assume it's the online cb you are talking about. I just bought a new Mac, so the first time with the new OS. When I tried to load it in Safari I needed to download and install silverlight. Then it needs to enabled in the Safari preferences. Go to the Websites tab and on the lower left click on Silverlight to turn it on, then on the right turn it on for the website you need it on. You'll still need a internet connection and the subscription, of course. I hope this helps.

Thanks, I had already solved the issue when I read this, but it is indeed the correct procedure.

Elboe

Explorer
Good that you were able to get it to work. And now it’s in the forum if anyone else has an issue. I had to search around for awhile to get it figured out myself.

Remove ads