• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Does anyone have the book yet?

Jake Johnson

First Post
We will receive copies at the store some time on Thursday, but I will be too busy working to really take a look at it. When I finish work we will be finishing our current campaign game, last chance before the DM leaves us for a while. When the game is over, it's back to the store for the midnight release for the books.
I won't get a chance to do more than take a quick look until I've had the book for 12 or 14 hours!

Wait! If I don't eat lunch or dinner...

I wish we had a FLGS nearby. Per your response to my other post, the 19th will be a toss-up for interruptions at home or work. My wife will be home, but I have standing project meetings all morning on Tuesdays. Of course, if I take it to work, I can eat lunch with some of our play group, and flip through character ideas for Tyranny of Dragons. I hope you get a chance to read the book without having to skip meals. Maybe you should grab some energy bars just in case.

Last edited:

Neikron

Explorer
So, am I to understand that I could have got it much earlier from my local store? Pretty sure they're a WPN store.

Ended up preordering it from Amazon in the middle of July. I had no idea at the time that I would have a chance to get it much earlier, albeit at a slightly higher price. I don't mind that pricetag to support local gaming stores. I doubt I'd get a game running that soon anyway.

For now, I'll just continue to peruse the Basic Rules.

MortalPlague

Adventurer
Seeing as I own a WPN FLGS I'm pretty sure I will have it in hand by Wednesday or Thursday. Can't sell it until friday, but I can can READ it. Don't mean to sound like a show-off, but there's gotta be some perks, right?
Yes... I've got one pre-ordered at your store. Any chance of a midnight launch? :D

STOP TURNING OFF THE LIGHTS! THERE. ARE. GRUES.
I laughed. Then I tried to xp you, but I was eaten by a grue.

All this was only a small problem, originally, but it gruesome.
Also deserving of xp. But I simply can't. Something about spreading it around first...

I've had it for a week or so but haven't read much yet due to being insanely busy with Gen Con and PAX Prime. Yes I know I suck (to answer your next question)
I'll be seeing you at PAX sir. Can't wait.

Claims require evidence. Exceptional claims require exceptional evidence. In internet words "Pics or it didn't happen".
I'll just say this: Wavester is busy with Gen Con. He may just have a PHB. :)

The_Baldman

Explorer
Claims require evidence. Exceptional claims require exceptional evidence. In internet words "Pics or it didn't happen".

My phone does not like this forum and adding a picture. If you go to the Baldman Games Facebook or Twitter I threw the picture up there last week. I'll have more cool pics to post in oh I don't know 8 days.

Remove ads