• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Does anyone play Palladium Fantasy Rpg

Pagangamer

First Post
I just like it as an alternative to the Dn D 4e, plus i love older games. not really into any d20 systems and what have you. And yes i like the settings to

Corathon

First Post
I have played it (1E version), but not for years. We had a good time, but it would never replace D&D for me.

Certain spells/items in PRPG seemed to be automatic "I win" buttons - but that could've been just an inexperienced GM. The way that stats are rolled led to odd things like the 3' tall goblin thief that was much stronger then the 7' wolfen palladin.

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
I played 1e a lot. One of the groups I played with used it about as often as we used D&D. I haven't played anything in some years, but I'd be up for a game!

Karak

First Post
I love the world. One of my favorite. I could just never get my head wrapped around their rules system enough to use them.

Wycen

Explorer
I actually like the mechanics being so easily manipulated, except when they go overboard and get gonzo. In other words, if you want to make a cool magic sword for your players, no problem. The trick is not making it an artifact and kill everyone's fun. If there is a formal system for determining the power and value of a magic item, I've missed it.

The world is also pretty interesting.

The game play mechanics are easy for someone new to gaming, except maybe that weird armor check number, the acronym is escaping me. Ignoring that, just roll a d20 and if you roll higher than 5, you hit. That's simple.

Pagangamer

First Post
I think the AR thing is better than THACO , you roll above a 4 you hit, if its under there AR number you do damage to there arrmor SDC , if you roll above the AR, it can go straight to hit points.

Remove ads