• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Does Bull Rush Deal Damage?

Orcus Porkus

First Post
Doesn't really seem worth it for your Standard Action.

Just last weekend I bull rushed a goblin marshall out of a window and he fell to his death.

Tactical movement is very powerful in 4E, but it also requires a DM who welcomes the action. My DM could have said: "no, the window is too small" or whatever. The goblin got a saving throw, and failed.

Bull rush allows for more action. It's fun.

sukael

First Post
Depends on the one square.

This, definitely; my paladin has done things so far like bull rush kobolds into pit traps, bull rush an attacking goblin straight into a bonfire, and bull rush a fey panther into a river.

(Though not all in the same session - that would just be crazy. ;))

Victim

First Post
Once upon a time, our fighter fell into a pit. And then my warlord bullrushed a kobold skirmisher into the pit too. First of all, as an attack against Fort, the Bullrush had a good chance to hit. And, against the fighter in a cage match, the skirmisher stood no chance. So it dealt some damage (from the fall), rendered the foe's special abilities ineffective, and kept our fighter in the combat without having her make climb checks and provoke OA.

Otterscrubber

First Post
Ya, I used to think that just shoving someone one square wasn't all that, but it has worked out really well in some adventure and led to spectacular results when done right. It's good to have.

Remove ads