• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Does charge provoke OA from target of charge?

Bayuer

First Post
Like in question. I mean. I have polearm gamble. Enemy charges at me. I got OA? What with threating reach and so... I know it's simple, almost basic question, but I need to be sure.

Dalzig

First Post
Like in question. I mean. I have polearm gamble. Enemy charges at me. I got OA? What with threating reach and so... I know it's simple, almost basic question, but I need to be sure.

Yes, you would get the OA because of Polearm Gamble.

You would also grant CA to that enemy if you don't have a way to stop him.

DracoSuave

First Post
Does he enter a square adjacent to you? Yes.
Does charging have a special quality that negates opportunity attacks? No.

Polearm Gamble -usually- allows you to make that Opportunity Attack against the charging foe.

A Raging Barbarian charging with Howling Strike will not, however, because Howling Strike negates OAs while charging. As well, there's a feat that allows Eladrin to teleport as part of their charge, which also negates Opportunity Attacks (all Opportunity Actions, in fact.)

ValhallaGH

Explorer
There's a number of monster abilities that negate opportunity attacks while moving against a specific target, such as the Shadowhunter Bat's fly-by attack.

Remove ads