Pathfinder 1E Does Compulsion Immunity mean I can no longer benefit from Good Hope?

Stalker0

Legend
My 17th level paladin just picked up aura of righteousness, granting me immunity from compulsions.

Cool.....except spells like Good Hope are a compulsions (one the party bard enjoys casting frequently).

Has my new "benefit" just denied me access to this wonderful buff spell?

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I'd consider it only immune against involuntary effects. Tho, I cant find that in any writings.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Spell resistance can generally be willingly suppressed with a standard action. I’d say you should be able to do the same with your spell immunity.

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
Most immunities seemed to be phrased in terms of preventing damage and harmful effects, so it seems fair that your paladin should still get beneficial effects.

Not directly related, but there's the mythic path ability, Domain Immunity, which specifically states that beneficial effects still work normally despite a broader immunity to a whole category of spells:
Domain Immunity (Su) (Mythic Adventures pg. 36): You don't take damage or suffer harmful effects from spells on your domain spell list, even ones you aren't of a high enough level to cast. If you're targeted by any of these spells, as an immediate action you can expend one use of mythic power to turn the spell back upon the original caster as if using spell turning. Beneficial effects of spells on your domain spell list affect you normally. If you're an oracle, this ability applies to your mystery's bonus spells. You must have the domain class feature or mystery class feature.
It's not a definite answer, but maybe it's suggestive that's how immunities are supposed to work?

Remove ads