• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Does the Rakshasa have a too-high CR?

NilesB

First Post
shilsen said:
Nope. I've already got Ogres, Hill Giants, and a lot of other creatures to be Hidimba.

Now a rakshasa that could be Ghatotkacha, I could really get behind. I want a BBEG who's going to get killed, expand to stretch miles in length and crush an army as he falls :]

I too would like to see a Rakasha that can, appropriately modified, model Ghatotkacha. Though I would argue as much of his power is inherited from his father as his mother.

I think we can both agree that if the Rakasha is to be revised, it should be done with at least a cursory familiarity with the major Hindu epics

One thing that I noticed in the Ramayana is that the Rakasha of particular power come to it mostly by mastering the same fighting techniques and magics as mighty humans and vanara do. I could get behind a lower base power rakasha DMs are encouraged to add class levels to.

Remove ads