• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"Don't waste my time..." WTF??

Jesus_marley

First Post
I called to order a pizza tonight from a local establishment. I was placing the order and paused briefly to confirm with the GF what toppings we were getting. The guy on the phone then says to me, "Don't waste my time." My response - Excuse me?!? Don't waste your time? Fine.. see ya. *click*.
This jackass not only lost an order, but he permanently lost a customer. I regularly ordered from this place but after that I can guarantee I won't go back.

I know this is an old topic and we've beaten this dead horse more than enough, but I simply could not believe that a business would so blatantly disrespect a customer like that. I had to vent.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Jesus_marley said:
I called to order a pizza tonight from a local establishment. I was placing the order and paused briefly to confirm with the GF what toppings we were getting. The guy on the phone then says to me, "Don't waste my time." My response - Excuse me?!? Don't waste your time? Fine.. see ya. *click*.
This jackass not only lost an order, but he permanently lost a customer. I regularly ordered from this place but after that I can guarantee I won't go back.

I know this is an old topic and we've beaten this dead horse more than enough, but I simply could not believe that a business would so blatantly disrespect a customer like that. I had to vent.
And that's it?

Dude, I would have gone over to the establishment and talk to the manager. Losing you as a customer is not going to change his attitude. Shame him.

Nyaricus

First Post
Yeah man, I definitely would go and talk with the manager. Treating a customer like that is incredibly disrespectful, and it simply needs to be called out. If the manager doesn't do anything about it, or seems indifferent - or even (hopefully not though) just as rude as the other fellow, take it to someone higher in the company!

These people need to learn their place :]:] As someone who's been working at the same gas bar for a couple years, I treat my customers like gold - whether they are regulars or just passing through :)

cheers,
--N

Dog Moon

Adventurer
No kidding. Just a week ago, our dnd group was attempting to get pizza. The internet was going SOOOO slowly so we weren't able to go that route. We called them once, asked a question about if they had p'zones. They answered. We ended up accidentally hanging up, calling them back to place the order. They called back a moment later and said that they only had 2 p'zone crusts. So we ordered a pizza instead. The price was a LOT more than we were used to, we realized after calculating everything out, so we called them back. Talked to the guy a few minutes and he was like 'Well, we can effectively give you this one coupon" and we were like sure and that got us 6$ off the pizza.

THAT'S how their customer service should be. Polite, friendly, and VERY helpful despite the frequent recalls. Got our pizza a little while later and enjoyed it very much.

Took a lot more time than pausing to double check ingredients and as far as I know, no one was even considering saying 'Don't waste my time' let alone actually SAYING it.

Also, if nobody complains about this dude, no one gets rid of him. There could be others doing exactly what you're planning on doing. Don't let other suffer cause of one idiot.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
My local Pizza Hut seems to royally screw us over at least three or four times a year. I end up calling HQ (800-948-8488). They look into the matter and for my trouble I get a coupon good for a free pizza. When you can't talk to a manger, call HQ! ;)

Tewligan

First Post
Jesus_marley said:
Why didn't you confirm the toppings before you called? That drives me totally NUTS when I'm ordering pizza with other people and someone starts dialing before we know what we're getting. Same with people who march right up to the register at a fast food place and then stand there dumbly staring at the menu. Know what you want before you engage the person who takes your order, damn it!

Rl'Halsinor

Explorer
Ranger REG said:
And that's it?

Dude, I would have gone over to the establishment and talk to the manager. Losing you as a customer is not going to change his attitude. Shame him.

QFT. I would never have let him get away with this especially since you order all the time. The only thing that speaks to businesses is $ and especially the loss there of.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Ranger REG said:

To follow on this...

In general, you lose your right to gripe about people behaving in what you consider to be a poor manner if you refuse to tell them what they are doing wrong. If you silently deny them your custom, they don't know if it is because you've moved away, don't like their new tomato sauce, or don't like the service of one of their employees.

And therein lies another point - you have ordered from there for a long time, I assume with acceptable service. So, is this really the business disregarding the customer, in general, or the act of one employee, of which the business as a whole probably knows nothing?

kenobi65

First Post
Tewligan said:
Same with people who march right up to the register at a fast food place and then stand there dumbly staring at the menu. Know what you want before you engage the person who takes your order, damn it!

One of John Pinette's best routines is about this very topic ("get out of the line!"):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUlf1F05gTA

And, to get back to the original topic:

I agree with several others, who've said that, if you want to make your displeasure known, you really need to talk to the manager (or owner), especially since this is a place that you've frequently patronized up until now. Losing your business, with no idea why they did, isn't likely to help them understand *why* it happened, nor to be able to make any changes to fix the problem.

Last edited:

werk

First Post
No offense to the OP, but when I see something like this, I think: conspiracy!

It suggests to me that the pizza place has a customer tracking system indexed off of your phone number and it probably has less than flattering comments that have been entered by staff...like bad tipper or complainer/troublemaker.

I had a friend that was a notoriously horrible tipper, a super great guy overall, but just didn't 'get' tipping. After a couple of gaming sessions at his house where the pizza was messed up, wrong, terribly late, or never showed up, I decided to order from my phone and always had great service.

I'm not sayin'...I'm just sayin'.

Remove ads