Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Alpha Group

Walking Dad

First Post
Bael

Halfling? Check! Knife? Check! Bael thinks. He asks Barnsworth softly, to not startle him at working with a blade: "Sorry, but can you answer me some questions?"

[sblock=OOC]
No gardener to be guilty. But a halfling butler and a strange attic. Call me detective Bael ;)

Perception +5
Disable Device +8
For searching for traps and unlocking doors.

Bael
AC 16 (T13, FF13), HP 25/25, F +2,R+5,W+0
Resistance to cold 5, electricity 5, and fire 5.
Darkness 1/day, Sneak 1d6
Rapier +2 . 1d6+2 . 19-20/X2
Shortbow +3 . 1d6 . 20/X3

Stealth +8 (including ACP)
Perception + 4
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Bael

"Ask you some questions!"

[sblock=OOC]

Perception +5
Disable Device +8

Bael

Perception + 4
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Bael

Bael tries to speak loud enough to be understood, but not so loud to disturb the dining people: "How long do you serve in this household?"

[sblock=OOC]

Perception +5
Disable Device +8

Bael

Perception + 4
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Maya scoots around to sit with the other 'guarders.' In a quiet voice she asks, "Did anyone find anything interesting looking around? I didn't get far...she had people always watching me, as if I were going to steal her things." She says the last with wry contempt, as if the idea of that were not merely insulting but ludicrous as well.

Leif

Adventurer
Jerrigan Arbordelve

"Oh, take it easy, Maya. I'm sure she just didn't want you to accidentally damage any of the valuable, uh, antiques around this place." ;)

[sblock=stat block, Jerrigan]Jerrigan Arbordelve, Cleric 1 of Sarenrae (Goddess of Sun, Redemption, Honesty, & Healing)
HP: 24
AC: 20, FF: 16, T: 14

Saves:
Fort= +4 [+2(class),+2(ability)]
Ref= +3 [+0(class),+3(ability)]
Will= +5 [+2(class),+2(ability), +1(background trait)]

Scimitar= Att +2, Dam 1d8+1

Domains:
Fire (domain power at 1st level, Fire Bolt - ranged touch for 1d6+1/2levels),
Healing (domain power at 1st level, Rebuke Death - dying subject regains 1d4 hp)

Spells Prepared
0 Level: Detect Magic, Guidance, Resistance
1 Level: Bless, Summon Monster I*
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
[sblock=Kitchen: Bael and Tristan]
"Eh?" says Barnsworth. "Until about nine o' clock usually."

A bit of clarifying later:

"Since I was a lad. I came to work for the 34th Lord Dromdal, father of the present Lord Dromdal," he says, carefully arranging some garnish.

OOC: I'm going to assume that anyone who speaks to Barnsworth repeats what they say until understanding is achieved, otherwise it could take some time :)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Dining Room: Maya and Jerrigan]
Maya is able to have a quiet conversation with Jerrigan whilst Jebediah Jeggare drones on about the trade embargo and the "damned sollies" behind it all. "Mark my words, the Queen will have to do something," he says.

Whilst Lady Dromdal and Lady Guesenholt pay attention to Jeggare, Ceceli glances across at Jerrigan and gives him a timid smile, thanks for his kind words of earlier. You notice she is actually a lot older than the looks at first, given her quiet behaviour. Still, it would make sense since her mother seems to be in her eighties.

With a sideways look at his aunt, Ned Guesenholt leans across to Maya.

"I say," he says, "It must be jolly thrilling being a Shoanti. Do you come from the Cinderlands?"
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"Must it be thrilling?" Maya asks, turning to gaze with slitted eyes at Ned. "What would you say is the most thrilling part about being Shoanti? Watching the homes of our ancestors cobbled over by cities of stone? Living like rats in shadows, because none will hire us for anything but drudge labor? Seeing baseless contempt and condescension in the eyes of those who look on us?"

"No," she goes on, pausing only long enough to let Ned start to stammer something, then interrupting him. "The most thrilling part about being Shoanti is to know, from the bottoms of your feet to the tips of the hair on your head, that this too shall pass. We will endure. And when your cities are ground to sand by sun, storm and time...when your children are forgotten even in story and song...the Shoanti will be here, as we have always been."

She sat back and turned her defiant glare on each of the partygoers in turn.

"So yes. It is thrilling. And I have lived most of my life in this city, though I have left and returned several times."

Remove ads