Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Alpha Group

Leif

Adventurer
Jerrigan Arbordelve

"Must it be thrilling?" Maya asks, turning to gaze with slitted eyes at Ned. "What would you say is the most thrilling part about being Shoanti? Watching the homes of our ancestors cobbled over by cities of stone? Living like rats in shadows, because none will hire us for anything but drudge labor? Seeing baseless contempt and condescension in the eyes of those who look on us?"

"No," she goes on, pausing only long enough to let Ned start to stammer something, then interrupting him. "The most thrilling part about being Shoanti is to know, from the bottoms of your feet to the tips of the hair on your head, that this too shall pass. We will endure. And when your cities are ground to sand by sun, storm and time...when your children are forgotten even in story and song...the Shoanti will be here, as we have always been."

She sat back and turned her defiant glare on each of the partygoers in turn.

"So yes. It is thrilling. And I have lived most of my life in this city, though I have left and returned several times."
Jerrigan looks up, smiles, and immediately takes another large bite of food. (He's not EVEN going there!)

[sblock=stat block, Jerrigan]Jerrigan Arbordelve, Cleric 1 of Sarenrae (Goddess of Sun, Redemption, Honesty, & Healing)
HP: 24
AC: 20, FF: 16, T: 14

Saves:
Fort= +4 [+2(class),+2(ability)]
Ref= +3 [+0(class),+3(ability)]
Will= +5 [+2(class),+2(ability), +1(background trait)]

Scimitar= Att +2, Dam 1d8+1

Domains:
Fire (domain power at 1st level, Fire Bolt - ranged touch for 1d6+1/2levels),
Healing (domain power at 1st level, Rebuke Death - dying subject regains 1d4 hp)

Spells Prepared
0 Level: Detect Magic, Guidance, Resistance
1 Level: Bless, Summon Monster I*[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Bael

"Then you must have intimate knowledge of possible enemies of the lady. Anyone who would employ a slicer to kill her and some of her friends?"

[sblock=OOC]

Perception +5
Disable Device +8
For searching for traps and unlocking doors.

Bael
AC 16 (T13, FF13), HP 25/25, F +2,R+5,W+0
Resistance to cold 5, electricity 5, and fire 5.
Darkness 1/day, Sneak 1d6
Rapier +2 . 1d6+2 . 19-20/X2
Shortbow +3 . 1d6 . 20/X3

Stealth +8 (including ACP)
Perception + 4
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
[sblock=Dining Room]
Jebediah gives a snorting laugh.

"Ha! Zing! That told you, Ned!" he says. "Well said, my lady," he says to Maya. "I'm sure we'll all end up like those Thassilonian ruins, just a few mysterious artifacts amidst the dust for future generations to ponder over or ignore. I take it, then, that you're not a supporter of this 'Thousand Bones' and his attempts to build peace between Korvosa and the Shoanti?"

OOC: Thousand Bones is a shaman, a 'Way-Keeper' of the Skoan-Quah, or Skull Clan. He and a small delegation are in Korvosa doing just what Jebediah says. Maya may or may not be connected with him, up to you.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Kitchen]
"Slice up some skillets and simmer the herb ends? Oh, I see. Well, I wouldn't know anything about that, Sir. The Mistress can be, um, outspoken, but this isn't Old Cheliax. The people she associates with wouldn't hire assassins to avenge an insult."
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Maya takes a breath and waves a hand in front of her face as if batting away troublesome insects.

"I am not opposed to peace, so long as it is not the peace of the conqueror," she said. "I am here, after all, sharing your table. I would not do so if I regarded all Korvosans as enemies."

She glares at her plate, as if it had said something offensive to her.

"It may be that Thousand Bones is right...though I sometimes worry he is too much the supplicant. But since I do not know him, I may well be jumping at shadows. Maybe when I have time, I will seek him out."

Maya glances up at Jebediah. "Do you know of him, and how he speaks?"

Walking Dad

First Post
Bael

"Thanks anyway. I assume to live in this house, too? Any secret doors we should know about? We cannot left any entrance unguarded."

[sblock=OOC]

Perception +5
Disable Device +8

Bael

Perception + 4
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
[sblock=Dining Room]
"I know of him," says Jebediah. He leans forwards, more serious and less snarky. "I've seen him speak, and he's got a strong presence. Not that much of it makes sense to me. Lots of Shoanti mysticism, stuff about the rise of an ancient evil if our people don't cooperate, that kind of thing. I suppose it might mean more to you, but I think he'd get more response from the nobles and arbiters if he was a bit more... well, down to earth."
[/sblock]

[sblock=Kitchen]
"Entranced by the garden? Well, it's got a bit overgrown but I do my best. Oh, I see. Yes, yes, I live here, my room is down the hall there, so I can always be on call for Her Ladyship. I don't know of any secret doors, and I've cleaned every inch of this house for years." (It doesn't look like anyone has cleaned for a long time). "Will you excuse me, sir? I have to serve the main course."
[/SBLOCK]

The dinner passes. Jebediah Jeggare continues to needle Ned as often as he can, and brag about his own business achievements, although sometimes he isn't as rude as he can be, and seems to have found some respect for Maya. Ned makes stupid comments - he seems cheerful enough, if a bit dim-witted. Ceceli says very little, mostly quietly spoken agreement with Lady Dromdal, who spends most of the meal discussing (and mostly insulting) other members of the minor nobility with Lady Guesenholt, who's role seems to be to agree with Lady Dromdal and tell Ned to be quiet.

Finally the meal draws to a close. Despite Barnsworth's rather clumsy service, the food is actually very good.

Maya, Jerrigan, Bael and Tristan meet in the kitchen whilst Bael and Tristan eat the left-overs. The hired guards are still on dutty, but Barnsworth offers to take them some bread and meat.

Walking Dad

First Post
Bael

[sblock=OOC]
Had Bael already searched the room the butler has indicated?
Is the garden entrance secured?

Perception +5
Disable Device +8

Bael

Perception + 4
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Yes, it was the one with the diaries that Jerrigan read. The garden is overseen by the hired guards. It is surrounded by a tall hedge, except at the frontage onto Swan Street, where it has a high wall and a wrought-iron gate.

Shayuri

First Post
Maya waits for a few minutes as Bael and Tristan eat, then says impatiently, "Well, you two were gone for a while. What did you find out? For that matter, was there anything any of you found while searching the place? If not, we should start working out our plan."

Remove ads