• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Beta Group

Ambrus

Explorer
Dj'hân's desiccating gust of heated air continues to flow through the necrophidii, blasting dust and small shards of bone off of the twin creatures' skeletal frames while hindering their advance.

OOC: 30-ft line of fire; 1d6 damage; Ref DC 14 half; failure results in becoming entangled for 1d4 rounds and a further 1d6 fire damage per round of entanglement as per the Entangling Exhalation feat.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Advancing cautiously towards the creatures Brindom moves to strike. Shield held high he thinks to protect his comarde, but little does he know Edmond stands dazed behind him.

[sblock=actions]
Standard Action; Attack on Defense w/club +2 to hit; dmg 1d6
Move Action; whatever neded to attack closest Necro[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
HP: 40/41 (did I recieve the +9 hp also?)
AC: 20 T: 13 FF: 17
CMB: +1
Speed: 20'
Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +5

[/sblock]

[sblock=Spells]Orisons: Mending, Detect Magic, Create Water, Read Magic
1st lvl: Remove Fear, Cure Light Wounds, Bless, + Protection from Evil
2nd lvl: Restoration,Lesser, Hold Person, + Shield Other
Abilities:
Channel Energy(living): 3/5 (2d6)
Calming Touch: 5/5
Touch of Good: 5/5 [/sblock][/quote][/quote][/quote]

Dr Simon

Explorer
The necrophidii halt their advance up the stairs, struggling against the lingering windstorm. Brindom steps forwards, blocking the creature's lunges with his shield, managing to crack a few bones with his club in response. The rear creature, its progress blocked, continues its sinuous dance, drawing in the wills of Brindom and Dj'hân, but the two are so focussed on pressing the assault that they are not affected. Manachan, meanwhile, has been occupied with cranking and loading his crossbow and so is not even watching the creature. Finally he raises his crossbow, to discover that Brindom blocks an easy shot.

[sblock=OOC]
Dj'hân's fire attack does 2 damage, both necros fail their Reflex saves.
Brindom attack 14+2=16, hits for 3 damage.
Necro #1 attacks Brindom and misses.
Necro #2 performs dance of death, Brindom and Dj'hân both make their Will save. If figured a 50% chance that Manachan would be watching - he wasn't.

So to next round:
Edmond still dazed. This is a mental effect, not a physical paralysis, so he can't make any Knowledge checks - he's too busy thinking "Ooh, dancing snakes!"

Brindom has crossbow ready, can fire but will take firing into melee penalty.

After that, Dj'hân, Brindom and then the necrophidii again.
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Manachan quickly aims and fires, trying to squeeze in a shot around Brindom that will be effective. As soon as he gets the shot off he drops the crossbow and moves to Edmond's side, spinning him around, shaking him roughly and shouting at him.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Dora is out of the hospital and happily plays at home :) She's still taking Tamiflu, but is otherwise safe. So, I'm back and Edmond may come out of his daze :D We had a scare with her primary viral pneumonia as complicaton of the flu, but she's out of it now. Yay!

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OOC: Great to hear :) Neurotic!

Brindom heartened by the successful attack strikes again, but follishly let's his defenses down in his over confidence.

[sblock=actions]
no map so I will not post a movement figure we have them wedge in the doorway
Standard action: attack same construct, club +2 to hit (did you forget the -4 for attacking on the defense last assault? if so add it to this one will equal out I think) damage: 1d6 [/sblock]

Last edited:

Ambrus

Explorer
OOC: Very happy to hear that your daughter is feeling better Neurotic. Huzzah! :)

Dj'hân closes his eyes to avoid growing distracted by the serpentine movements of the necrophidii, confident that he has the two stationary targets squarely centered within the line of his sirocco. The urchin continues his tempestuous assault on the twin skeletal creatures; slowly reducing the pair to dust and ash with his desiccating wind.

OOC: 30-ft line of fire; 2d6 damage; Ref DC 14 half; +1d6 fire damage for last round's entangling exhalation.

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Neurotic - good news!

Manachan fires off a crossbow bolt, aiming past Brindom but fails to hit anything other than the wall. Dj'hân continues to pour on the heat, searing some of the bones of the necrophidii black. Brindom trades blows with the lead necrophidius, blocking its attempts to bite him with his shield, but failing to land a solid hit in return. Meanwhile the rear necrophidius, with nowhere to go, continues to dance. Dj'hân has his eyes shut, Manachan and Brindom are not paying much attention, and their minds are perhaps becoming used to the hypnotic swaying.

Manachan grabs Edmond, spins him around and tries to shake some sense into him. Remarkably, the tactic works. Edmond's focus returns as he shakes off the mind-numbing effect.

[sblock=OOC]
Manachan crossbow attack: 5+3-4=4, miss.
Dj'hân's fire attack: 2d6=7 damage. Lead nec saves, rear fails. Plus 1d6=2 damage to both.
Brindom club attack 6+2=8, miss.
Nec 1 bit attack on Brindom, miss.
Nec 2, dance of death. Manachan Will save 12+8=120, Brindom Will save 12+6=18, both save.

Manachan move action to wake Edmond, I'll give him another Will save for that - Edmond Will save 8+3=11, enough to restore him to normal, but it costs his action for next round.

Next round:
Edmond - waking up.
Manachan
Majenko (hiding)
Dj'hân
Brindom
Necrophidii

Remebered to attach the map this time - except Manachan should be in the same space as Dj'hân.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Dead Warrens Beta15.jpg
    Dead Warrens Beta15.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 89

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Manachan sees life return to his friend's eyes and casts about for an effective action.

I can't get to them to fight hand to hand, and I'm not sure my Heavenly Fire will be effective - they may not be evil. Guess it's back to the crossbow.

Action swiftly follows thought, and the Aasimar returns to his crossbow and begins cranking again.

Ambrus

Explorer
His eyes squeezed shut, the tiny urchin slowly raises his trembling arms towards the necrophidii as if to force even more of the ceaseless wind towards the skeletal targets.

OOC: 30-ft line of fire; 2d6 damage; Ref DC 14 half; possibly with +1d6 fire damage for the ongoing entangling exhalation feat effect.

Remove ads