Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Beta Group

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Seeing that he is fighting alone and not knowing why, Brindom takes one more swing before backing towards his new friends for support.

[sblock=ooc]
I seem to be blocking the road for the true warriors, so 5' step up and back (other side of the table)
Standard action: Attack with club, +2 to hit; dmg 1d6
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
As Manachan cranks his crossbow, Dj'hân pours on the heatstorm. Bones char and crack under the onslaught. Brindom steps back, smashing his club down on the skull of the lead necrophidius. The creature falls apart onto the floor. The second necrophidius slithers into the room, rattling over the shards of its fallen partner. It lunges for the nearest target -Brindom - sinking its fangs into his leg but only just puncturing his armour.

[sblock=OOC]
Manachan: load crossbow
Majenko: stay out of trouble
Dj'hân: fire attack 2d6=4 damage, plus 1d6=3 damage ongoing.
Brindom: Club attack 18+2=20, hit for 1 damage but enough to destroy nec #1.
Nec#2: move and bite Brindom, hits for 1 damage. Brindom makes Fort save.

Next round initiative:
Edmond
Manachan
Majenko
Dj'hân
Brindom
Necrophidius
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Dead Warrens Beta16.jpg
    Dead Warrens Beta16.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 84

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Angry, more at himself then at constructs, Edmond recovers his wits and swings Deathwail on the Necrophidius, almost instinctively, cutting it in half.
Attack ((1d20+7=26); Damage (2d4+6=10)

"I'm sorry, Brindom, I should have recognized them before they started swaying. Are you alright?" he claps Brindom on the shoulder

Edmond also tries to remember stories of skeletal snakes while he was living in the gutter with his parents or while with Lamm
Arcana; Local (1d20+8=13, 1d20+8=11)

OOC destroying the snake: little assumption here, since it received quite a beating already. I'll retcon the post if it is not enough damage to destroy it.

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
The last necrophidius falls soundlessly. In the lull after battle, the Dead Warrens seem quiet and peaceful.

[sblock=OOC]
Just enough damage to destroy it. Edmond doesn't recall anything about these creatures - they're certainly not common to the underworld of Korvosa.

To recap the situation:

You have half of the Shoanti you came to find.

Thing the Otyugh is probably stuck in the cave where you found him, and unlikely to be a problem.

You have three derro captive and tied, currently unconscious.

There is probably at least a fourth derro, if not more, in the door down the skull corridor.
[/sblock]

Neurotic

"Are those derro tied up securely? Can we go forward, clean this place up and then ask questions? I'm loosing patience with this place."

Edmond asks in disturbing monotone, while his hands grip Deathwail in white knuckled grip and his eyes smolder, fixed at the hall from where necrophidii came.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"I am alright and ready to finish this." Brindom says in reply to Edmond's remarkes.

The young warrior-priest not as enthusiastic as we was moments before encountering slime monsters and little blue men, still manages a smile.

Ambrus

Explorer
Dj'hân gestures towards the bound derro. "That one is shackled but those two I tied up with some rope; take a look for yerself. Maybe you should gag em too so they don't start yelling or something when they wake up."

Seeing that the coast is clear, the camouflaged pseudodragon crawls out from beneath the table where he'd taken cover from the necrophidii. He looks poignantly at the urchin as something silently passes between them. "Majenko says that the skulls in the corridor downstairs spit some sort of acid at em when he was skulkin around down there; he don't know if it'll happen again to us. I doubt it; it sounds magical to me and it's prolly used up now. He says that the hall goes to the left and that there's a closed door with a blue light at the far end on the right."

Dr Simon

Explorer
Dj'hân's bonds on the derro seem secure, but anyone who wants to can add to them if they wish - there are several leather straps available in this room.

You move down the skull corridor with no further occurence. The door at the far right end is closed, but blue derro light glows through the cracks. There is no sound beyond.

Neurotic

Edmond takes lead again, anxious to finish this.

He quickly motions for Brindom to stand next to him and mimics shouldering the door. He points at Dj'ahn at one spot behind them and blows, while showing Manachan that same place pointing at his crossbow.

He raises his eyebrows waiting for aknowledgement.

Oh, and majenko is free to fly above and enter the room whenever he sees fit.

[sblock=Tactics Discussion]
yes, I realize we might enter in crossbow cross-fire...but Edmond is called Deathwish with reason :) If you can pull some 'stop missiles' trick do it now.

Edmond will crash the door and cover the room with color spray if there is group of opponents.

Maybe Manachan and Brindom to switch places, I didn't control their relative strengths, just the fact that Brindom carries heavy armor...

Thoughts?

Oh, and Brindom and Dj'ahn should keep healing at hand :) Brindom might 'hold' Cure Minor Wounds to immediately stabilize someone if we fall in potential barrage.
[/sblock]

Remove ads