Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Beta Group

Dr Simon

Explorer
[sblock=Dj'hân]
Dj'hân stealthily and carefully makes his way down the tunnel. Further on there seems to be derro-light again, but the turns in the tunnel means that the blue glow doesn't shed any of its radiance on Dj'hân.

Rounding a corner in the tunnel, he practically walks into a derro, stood waiting with a crossbow in its hand at a T-junction in the tunnel. Dj'hân and the derro seem equally as startled to see the other there, but Dj'hân recovers his wits slightly faster as the derro stands there gibbering in its strange language.

[sblock=OOC]
Dj'hân Perception 10+6+1=17, Stealth 10+23+1=24.

Both Dj'hân and the derro beat each others Perception scores with their Stealth scores, so they are practically on top of each other, in adjacent squares.

Dj'hân has the initiative.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Dead Warrens Beta19.jpg
    Dead Warrens Beta19.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 102

Ambrus

Explorer
OOC: Heh. I wonder if two hiding characters could actually pass by each other unawares.

Startled, the child lets out a barely audible "Eep!" before turning and veritably flying back out of the tunnel where he collides with Brindom's legs. As if stirred by his panicked flight, the air begins to swirl around the urchin.

OOC: Move action to move backwards along the tunnel 30-ft. Standard action to ready to blast the derro with a desiccating sirocco if he appears in the tunnel. Hopefully the derro will give chase without thinking and stumble into an impromptu ambush. 15-ft cone of fire; 1d6 damage; Ref DC 14 half; entangling exhalation feat)

Dr Simon

Explorer
The derro gives an "Eep!" noise of its own. Dj'hân hears the "thwong" of a crossbow behind him, and the thud as the bolt hits the wall. When he reaches the room with the big people he turns to see if he is being followed, but it doesn't seem like it.

Ambrus

Explorer
Getting ahold of himself, the panicked guttersnipe stammers out a quick report up at Brindom. "D-derro. There's a derro with a crossbow in the tunnel, maybe ten yards in."

OOC: Continuing to ready.

––––––––––––––––––––––––

Meanwhile, stuck alone in the upper workroom, the pseudodragon grows restless. After checking to make certain that the three derro aren't secretly fidgeting with their bonds, Majenko begins sniffing around the room's furnishings in search of something interesting.

OOC: Searching the room and its contents thoroughly. Taking 20.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Brindom steadies himself after being "waylaid" by Dj'hân. "He didn't hurt you did he?" he asks as he inspects the lad for any wounds. Seeing everything is o.k. with Dj'hân, Brindom looks to Edmond and Manachan "Any ideals?" he asks.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=ooc] If I was playing a warrior type I would Total Defense my character and head in but Brindom (thought trained to fight) doesn't think that way he takes direction more often then not and he has had his "leader outburst" for the day LOL. If he knew group tactics he'd have someone go in behind him and shoot from distance while he was on Total Defense (AC24 not to shabby) in front of them. [/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Manachan loads his crossbow and prepares to go in.

[sblock=OOC]He's not really a battle leader either - not too bad with the social stuff,and a decent enough support fighter right now.[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Wasting time! C'monn Dj'ahn! Everyone!"

Edmond straightens the moment little halfling comes flying back, and charges by his talking companions.

Run in the tunnel, hope I manage before Derro reloads, hit with prismatic spray if in range, otherwise run after it and trip when in range (use touch of fatigue on attack to stop Derro from running)

[sblock=OOC]I'm heading out for the weekend, firm has 'christmass teambuilding' event and probably won't have 'net access. As you can see by my slowed posting, I have my work laid out for me and it will last through January. I hope I'll resume posting more often after that. NPC Edmond as needed to keep the game moving
[/sblock]

Remove ads