Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Beta Group

Dr Simon

Explorer
The door slams open into a large room devoid of any (obvious) inhabitants. Two tables laden with alchemical gear stand in the middle of the room, the right-hand one leans on a shoddily-repaired leg. Three cauldrons stand on the far wall, the right-most one standing amidst a greasy spillage that shows signs of ineffectual wiping.

To the right, a short corridor ends in a boarded-over door. On the right-end of the far wall, a dug corridor leads deeper into the Dead Warrens.

Attachments

• Dead Warrens Beta17.jpg
    Dead Warrens Beta17.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 105

Ambrus

Explorer
Dj'hân, standing behind Edmond as directed, cringes at the sound of the door bursting open. "Couldn't you, ya know, just push the door open gently? It'd be good to be quiet-like if we can so we don't let everybody know we're coming..." With that, the halfling urchin moves tentatively past the tangle of legs to enter the seemingly vacant room.

[sblock=Dr Simon]Having stayed behind in the workroom to keep an eye on the derro prisoners, Majenko begins to grow restless. The pseudodragon shifts his coloration and stealthily pads into the narrow tunnel leading north out of the workroom. Arriving at the fork, the camouflaged dragon uses his darkvision and blindsense to survey all of the branching tunnels.[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Majenko discovers a small network of narrow passages, but they don't lead anywhere you haven't already been. From the inside, the secret doors that lead into the ossuary pit and the skull corridor are obvious.

OOC: Majenko shouldn't be in the skull corridor on the attached map but I forgot to change it.

Attachments

• Dead Warrens Beta18.jpg
    Dead Warrens Beta18.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 96

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Brindom quickly and quietly searches the room as he makes his way to the dug out tunnel. "I'll watch this," he says gesturing towards the tunnel. "You all should look there." he adds pointing toward the door with his cudgel.

[sblock=ooc] Don't want to take the party lead but Brindom is feeling more confident after every little skrimish and wanted it to show. [/sblock]

Ambrus

Explorer
Although tempted to poke around the connecting rooms a bit longer, the lone pseudodragon dutifully returns to the upper workroom so as to attentively guard the three bound derro.

In the lower workroom, Dj'hân pauses on the threshold, turns to his towering companions and holds a finger up to his lips. Then, cautiously, the tiny urchin moves into the room while taking cover behind the various furnishings. Arriving at the juncture of the eastern tunnel and southern hallway, Dj'hân pauses to carefully survey both from hiding.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Just little retcon:
"Yes, Dj'ahn, I allowed my anger and frustration to get better of me. I'll hold my fires in check until I need my magic. Let's hope we didn't make things harder of us."

Edmond falls silent, looks into the room and then quickly lowers the content of rickety table on the floor or nearby benches.

"Just in case there is fight here, we don't need unknown substances splattered all over us."

He then waits for Majenko and Dj'ahn's report

Dr Simon

Explorer
The tunnel is roughly dug from the heavy subsoil, as have all rooms and tunnels so far except for the ossuary, the skull corridor and the room you are currently in.

It leads away into darkness, narrowing shortly after leaving this room. Sounds, that might be voices, echo strangely and distantly from down this tunnel.

The other corridor is more carefully hewn and faced with peeling plaster. It ends in a door that has been haphazardly boarded over. There is no noise discernable from this direction.

Ambrus

Explorer
Dj'hân soon abandons all pretense of stealth seeing as how his companions have entered the room, are chatting and are moving the furnishings about. Still, once he's taken a closer look at the door, he turns to address his large companions in whispered tones. The urchin jerks a thumb over his shoulder to indicate the short hallway behind him. "Don't see that anything will go in or out a that door without a bit a work first. You want ta stay here and quiet while I go poke around tha tunnel there?"

OOC: Assuming there are no objections, Dj'hân will advance slowly, cautiously and stealthily along the darkened tunnel alone. The urchin will tightly grasp his magic Dj'hân-o-lantern in a closed fist so as to only shed enough light to avoid stumbling in the dark. Low-light vision, Perception +6 and Stealth +13; taking 10 if possible.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Dj'hân before you go," the cleric whispers laying a hand on the urchin's shoulder. "Erastil watch over you." he prays and a light blue glow forms around Dj'hân, then dissaptes leaving him feel more certain of his actions.

[sblock=actions]
Standard Action: Touch of Good = You can touch a creature as a standard action, granting a sacred bonus on attack rolls, skill checks, ability checks, and saving throws equal to half your cleric level (minimum 1) for 1 round. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier. So you could add +1 to your move silently or hide check before heading down the corridor.[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
HP: 40/41 (did I recieve the +9 hp also?)
AC: 20 T: 13 FF: 17
CMB: +1
Speed: 20'
Fort: +4 Ref: +3 Will: +5

[/sblock]

[sblock=Spells]Orisons: Mending, Detect Magic, Create Water, Read Magic
1st lvl: Remove Fear, Cure Light Wounds, Bless, + Protection from Evil
2nd lvl: Restoration,Lesser, Hold Person, + Shield Other
Abilities:
Channel Energy(living): 3/5 (2d6)
Calming Touch: 5/5
Touch of Good: 4/5 [/sblock][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]