Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Escape From Old Korvosa

Axel

First Post
Mhairi stands after her inspection, disappointment writ large on her face. "Sorry boys, there's nothing under here. Just the pair of crappy amethyst..." she says, standing and using her knife to lever the amethyst eyes out of the statue.

Kaodi

Hero
"I would ask whether that is really such a good idea, but I am kind of hoping that we have already seen the extent of the bad ideas concerning this hallway and room."

Axel

First Post
"I'm out of other ideas for now. And if they're going to try and kill me, I'm going to try and rob them..."

Mhairi pauses for a moment, looking thoughtful. "Ed, why don't you try tapping that big stick against the walls. See if there's a different sound, or missing mortar anywhere. It's a long shot, normally it's easier to find a trigger than a secret door..."

Dr Simon

Explorer
Mhairi removes the amethyst eyes from the statue without activiating anything. Searching the walls, Edmond finds a section directly opposite where the corridor comes in that sounds different to the rest. Searching carefully, the outline of a door becomes clear, but even knowing that it is there it is hard to pick out from the surrounding murals.

Axel

First Post
"Well done Ed. I didn't know you could be so subtle!"

Pocketing the amethyst crystals with a self satisfied smile, Mhairi turns her attention to the secret door.

Using her knife to trace the outline, she set about every way of opening it she could think of - pushing, pulling, moving individual bricks, touching parts of the mural nearby... Even the fountain was tested - trying to tilt and rotate parts of the structure.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Mhairi quickly figures out how to open the secret door, and it pivots arouns a central point, opening onto a corridor lined with stuffed tiger heads. This may be the same one that you saw from one end, or it may be a very similar one - in this shifting complex it's hard to tell, and the corridor was not explored at the time.

There are some ominous clicking sounds from the base of the fountain...

Kaodi

Hero
Ignatius quickly picks up whomever he can get his hands on and dashes into the corridor. This ifrit will not be caught by the same trap twice! Instead, he shall likely be caught by a whole new trap.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Ignatius! Stop running around blindly, you'll get us killed!" even calm Edmond raises his voice this time.

Yet, not really seeing alternative now that Ignatius ran away, he follows. Knowing that getting up on the fountain would probably be safer then running into a new corridor, he still tries to protect Ignatius. And besides, with his speed, he would probably be sliced before returning.

Remove ads