Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Escape From Old Korvosa

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]
(Assuming he's not the one snatched up by the Ifrit) Manachan glances around at the others, and then follows their advice and sprints for the door, hoping to squeeze through before the trap goes off once more. He was lucky the last time . . . this time, he might get pincushioned if he's still around.
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]--[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
No sooner has the last person stepped through the secret door than the whirling blades shoot out from the base of the snake statue again, making the way back perilous for now. The new corridor is covered floor to ceiling with stuffed tiger heads for its entire 20 ft. length. At the far end is a familiar-looking set of rooms. Suddenly the heads spring to some kinf of life, and begin turning towards the group and snapping their jaws.

[sblock=OOC]
Initiative order:

Mhairi
Edmond
Manachan
Ignatius
Tiger Heads

Apologies for the long delay - RPG stuff has taken a long time to come out of removal storage!
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Arkona Dungeon 10.jpg
    Arkona Dungeon 10.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 130

Axel

First Post
Confused and frustrated by her experiences in the catacombs, Mhairi relishes the opportunity to vent on a bunch of animated constructs. Drawing both Manachan's silver dagger and her enchanted rapier, she steps forward and savagely cuts at the closest of the tiger heads.

[sblock=ooc and rolls]
Wow, been a long time since I've had to use Pathgrinder combat mechanics...

5' step if needed, attack the closest tiger head with TWF (vs flat footed as they haven't acted yet).

Full attack main, then off hand: 1d20+8 16 1d20+7 27

Offhand crit confirmation: 1d20+7 26

Oh my... A complex set of damage rolls coming up, what a reminder of how hard this game is for combat... I don't think sneak attack dice multiplies up. Add another 4d6 if it does.

Weapon damage main/offhand: 1d8+1+4d6 19 2d8+4d6 24

[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC:
Can you put us on the map, [MENTION=21938]Dr Simon[/MENTION]? I'm guessing Ignatius and Edmond are up front (high on the map) as first two then the rest? Just wondering is there anything but the heads targetable...description below assumes there is nothing special...

Edmond targets undamaged head, counting on his superior strength to disable the attacker(s). He swings Deathwail in limited space across and up, cutting the head and then returning the weapon through the same space. He steps forward freeing space for others to step toward the exit.

[sblock=Actions]
Attack: Power full attack; second attack; damage1; damage2 (1d20+12-3=22, 1d20+7-3=20, 2d4+6+9=19, 2d4+6+9=23)
- if first attack destroys/disables the head, target the next in line or the one across whatever seems easier at the moment - target the one across if possible.

Move: 5' step
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]
Manachan, seeing the heads roar to life, thinks this would be the time to beef up his defenses a bit . . . He makes a few arcane gestures, murmurs a string of words in Celestial, and for a brief moment he's limned in golden light as a mystical protective cocoon settles over his body.
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Cast Mage Armor, raising AC to 21 for the next five hours.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads