• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon 337: Will the real Zuggtmoy please stand up?

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Mouseferatu said:
Okay, James, now you've done it. If we don't see a spell called monkey mug within the next three issues, you're going to have a lot to answer for. ;)

That would be the coolest. Spell. Evar. :D
Depends on what it does...

If it made the targets look like monkeys, not so cool. If it made two mugs of force that could be used as melee weapons in addition to keeping ale just the right temperature and preventing it from spilling... awesome.

Demiurge out.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
James Jacobs said:
Yeah, it's sometimes pretty amazing how a tiny miscommunication in an art order can have such huge ripples in D&D continuity. It's one of the main reasons it usually takes me 2-3 days to write an art order for an issue of Dungeon.

i'm satisfied with how the art turned out for Monsters of the Mind - of course, i'm sure it helped that i pasted little JPG references in the submission. :)

Shade

Monster Junkie
The coolest spell ever would be summon trunk monkey. :cool:

I really like the new Zuggy look, and I'm thrilled that James had the cajones to incorporate something inspired from a videogame, considering the negative sentiments often expressed towards their impact on D&D.

I'm also fond of the 4-armed nycaloths. :cool:

As for the pic of Demogorgon with hyena heads...I thought that was actually his and Yeenoghu's love-child! :heh:

qstor

Adventurer
James Jacobs said:
As for Demogorgon having hyena heads... those days are behind us now. He's all about the monkey mugs.

I liked the cover of Dungeon with him having the 2 baboon heads. I know its not *canon* but its a change I can live with :)

Mike

Dr_Rictus

First Post
qstor said:
I liked the cover of Dungeon with him having the 2 baboon heads. I know its not *canon* but its a change I can live with

I don't understand what you mean by "not canon." He's always had baboon heads, except for the error (and rather obvious error, considering the resulting similarity to Yeenoghu) in BoVD.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Olgar Shiverstone said:
Aside: what's up with advertising the PHB at the back of this month's issues of Dungeon and Dragon? Given that both are now exclusively D&D magazines, surely there aren't that many gamers getting started by picking up a copy of the magazine that it's worthwhile to advertise the PHB therein, compared to the return on advertising the latest supplement.
Huh. The back of my current issue of Dungeon (#128) has an advertisement for The City Of Splendors novel.

Staffan

Legend
demiurge1138 said:
Depends on what it does...

If it made the targets look like monkeys, not so cool. If it made two mugs of force that could be used as melee weapons in addition to keeping ale just the right temperature and preventing it from spilling... awesome.
It should totally summon a monkey that knocks someone over their head and takes their money.

You know, a monkey mugging.

The_Gneech

Explorer
In the words of Lydia Dietz: "They're ghosts, dad, they can do what they want."

Just substitute demons and/or devils as appropriate. 'nuff said!

(People disagree on what George Washington looked like! Who expects fictional supernatural entities to be consistent?)

-The Gneech :cool:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads