• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon #338

JoeGKushner

First Post
thundershot said:
Oh yes, the other SPECTACULAR thing about this issue..

ORDER OF THE STICK!!!

Chris

Very funny stuff as they went about various parts of the D&D rules system. In my game, if the creature doing the grappling is two sizes larger, it doesn't lose it's dexterity bonus as it's large enough to hold on without being still.

Darth K'Trava

First Post
Alzrius said:
First, the staff must be masterwork, but not magical (it can be enchanted later). The imbuing ritual costs 500 gp, and is usually focused on a gem set at the top of the staff. It takes 24 hours, and after that the staff is treated as a magic item (it then has hardness 5 and 15 hit points, and uses its creator's saves even when unattended; Im not sure, but I don't think it works for anyone else trying to use it). The 1st level abilities are that it can deliver touch spells (e.g. you can attack someone with the staff normally, and on a successful attack roll you also use the touch spell you cast), and it can use cantrips - thrice per day it can use light as a standard action (turning that off is a free action). It can also hold a single cantrip decided upon during imbuing, and can cast that once per day as a standard action (the DC is always 10). All of these are otherwise cast using the owner's caster level.

Sounds intriguing.... Might have to look into that one..... My wizard hasn't even chosen a familiar yet.

Prince Atom

Explorer
demiurge1138 said:
Am I the only one drooling over the next issue? Xvarts! Giff! Dragon Kings! Factions!

And the illo for the next issue seems to be the Lady of Pain -- and they've given her arms! Calloo callay! I can't wait for that picture. I always thought the old pics of her floating through in her dress and her Hat of Poky Things were pretty dull. I wanted some dynamism there....

More factions! More factions!

TWK

JoeGKushner

First Post
Darth K'Trava said:
Sounds intriguing.... Might have to look into that one..... My wizard hasn't even chosen a familiar yet.

In my campaign, I allow wizards and sorcerers to swap out the familiar for a feat. Works pretty well.

Now I'll have to rethink that as the staff article is pretty cool.

thud13x

First Post
This is the first time I did not receive mine within the week of when it was sent out to subscribers. Maybe I should buy mine at the store...

Nik

Remove ads