• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon #338

Mark Hope

Adventurer
Mine arrived this morning. Looks like a cool issue - although I am mostly thrilled to see athas.org's Dragon King's article mentioned in the preview section. Can't wait to see how that one turns out next month - we did some crazy work to get that finished in time for the deadline :D

Darth K'Trava

First Post
JoeGKushner said:
In my campaign, I allow wizards and sorcerers to swap out the familiar for a feat. Works pretty well.

Now I'll have to rethink that as the staff article is pretty cool.

We have one DM who has lumped all the item creation feats into one feat, to get a familiar is a feat instead of a special ability gained upon becoming a wiz/sorc. But that's not the guy who's running the game that I play the wizard...

Hussar

Legend
*Sigh* Still waiting for 337 to come in the mail. I just love overseas subscriptions. Nothing for a couple of months then three within a few days of eachother, then silence again. :((

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Alzrius said:
Schools of Magic, by Alfred O. Cloutier
Now that's just cool. Reminds me of a thread on EN World. :uhoh:
Alzrius said:
Core Beliefs: Boccob, by Sean K. Reynolds - This expansive article covers everything you could ever want to know about Greyhawk's deity of magic. It covers Boccob himself (in terms of interests and motivations), what his clergy does and the roles of clerics, relations with other religions, the role of wizards holidays, myths, prestige class suggestions, relics of the faith, new divine spells, sample NPCs, and Boccob's planar ally. Additionally, sidebars cover the basics, holy texts, aphorisms, Zagyg, and Boccob's cleric's summon monster lists. There's even a sample map of a Boccob temple. Needless to say, this is a great article...it also drops a few bombs for Greyhawk, such as how all magic will eventually and inevitably be drained from the world. There may be a way to stop it though...
... Whoa! Are they going to do this with every deity?

JoeGKushner

First Post
Do we have any ideas on what the next deity to be covered will be? I'd love to see some stuff on the Prince of Swords and see his old items updated to 3.5 with their bad ass glass steel origin. A PrC or two for his clerics and worshippers would be fantastic as well.

Outside of that, gotta go with Kord. I mean, he's even got a mini in the new set!

Or St. Cuthbert. Maybe show a few version of his 'mace/cudgel' and how it's evolved/changed to fit the needs so forth.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
JoeGKushner said:
Do we have any ideas on what the next deity to be covered will be? I'd love to see some stuff on the Prince of Swords and see his old items updated to 3.5 with their bad ass glass steel origin. A PrC or two for his clerics and worshippers would be fantastic as well.

Outside of that, gotta go with Kord. I mean, he's even got a mini in the new set!

Or St. Cuthbert. Maybe show a few version of his 'mace/cudgel' and how it's evolved/changed to fit the needs so forth.
Both Kord and St. Cuthbert are great suggestions. Kord because there hasn't been much at all on him in 3e, and St. Cuthbert because he's one of the few deities who actually exists (albeit in a very different form) in the real world. I'd be interested to see if they incorporated information on Earth's St. Cuthbert into Oerth's St. Cuthbert.

Demiurge out.

Vocenoctum

First Post
JoeGKushner said:

I kind of assumed PHB gods only, and alphabetically. Maybe they'll skip the demihuman gods as there's more than enough on them.

Wee Jas is the one I'm waiting for, so it may be a while for me. Vecna's should also be interesting.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads