• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon #339

Shemeska

Adventurer
Clueless said:
*bounce!* I can't wait till I get my hands on Shemmie's copy to read at this rate. :)

It's only a single line I can claim to have inspired. Monte Lin and Wes Schneider wrote the article, so they deserve the praise for it, since it was a damn interesting piece or work. I'm just grinning that I got to contribute an idea to it.

JustKim

First Post
Ripzerai said:
I'm sorry to see they made nagpas a template because that indicates they're going with the Mystara MC's "cursed wizard" origin for them instead of the "endlessly reincarnating diaspora from a cursed nation" origin from Bruce Heard's beautiful Princess Ark article.
Do you recall what issue that was?

Sir Brennen

Legend
Just wanna say I really like the new format for the Class Acts section - the increased space allows for much more fleshed out articles, which I think was one of the biggest complaints of the old version. Plus, the more general grouping relaxes the need to find *something* for every single class, which sometimes felt like filler just to have something. And now Dragon will be able to offer support for some non-core classes, too, demonstrated by the hexblade feats this issue.

I wasn't crazy about the "advice" nature of this month's Arcane section, but being able to put a full variant druid class, including good fluff, into Divine more than made up for it :D (The ranger themes and hexblade stuff were good too.)

MoogleEmpMog

First Post
Alzrius said:
Speaking of which, the name of the scro god is Dukagsh, not Dukgash (the latter incorrect name was used in MC9 Monstrous Compendium Spelljammer Appendix and then again in CGR1 The Complete Spacefarer's Handbook).

Did you use the scro article from Dragon Annual #1 for research? That's the single best entry about the scro pretty much anywhere.

Sadly, I don't have Dragon Annual #1. :(

MC9 was my primary source, coupled with various Spelljammer sourcebooks and modules and extensive play in the setting.

Remove ads