• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon #347

Stone Dog

Adventurer
BOZ said:
not knowing that Demogorgon is the main bad guy in Savage Tide is kind of like not knowing the end of the Crying Game. ;)

"Hecubus, have you seen 'Presumed Innocent'"?

"Yes, Master. And his WIFE killed her!"

"I haven't seen that yet! EVIL EVIL EVIL!!!"

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
And what of it? If they see it, they see it...you don't have to stick that premise. the Big D can be anyone you want.
RangerWickett said:
I'm miffed that one of the letters this issue mentions that Demogorgon is a villain in the next Dungeon adventure path. Way to spoil the ending. If I were running that campaign, I'd be frustrated if one of my players read this issue of Dragon and saw the spoiler.

Sunderstone

First Post
umm.... wow

Ive always considered Dragon magazine fairly weak compared to Dungeon, this is a solid issue on par with the quality of Dungeon.
Possibly the best Dragon issue since the beginning of 3.5. If every Dragon magazine is as good as this one is, I'll be a very happy camper indeed. Overall between articles like Core beliefs, Ecology of the Whatever, The Adventure Path tie-ins, and issues like these, Im just as eager now to open an issue of Dragon as I am with an issue of Dungeon.
Love the direction the magazine is going into... Kudos indeed.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Tetsubo said:
Frankly I found this issue to be pretty useless. Other than the comics I had no use for it. I'm seriously considering dropping my subscription. And I have an unbroken run from #27. I'm hoping that next issue is better.

Sunderstone said:
Ive always considered Dragon magazine fairly weak compared to Dungeon, this is a solid issue on par with the quality of Dungeon.
Possibly the best Dragon issue since the beginning of 3.5. If every Dragon magazine is as good as this one is, I'll be a very happy camper indeed. Overall between articles like Core beliefs, Ecology of the Whatever, The Adventure Path tie-ins, and issues like these, Im just as eager now to open an issue of Dragon as I am with an issue of Dungeon.
Love the direction the magazine is going into... Kudos indeed.

well, with everything that's done, you'll find someone who loves it, and someone who hates it. ;)

BOZ said:
not knowing that Demogorgon is the main bad guy in Savage Tide is kind of like not knowing the end of the Crying Game. ;)

I had never seen The Crying Game or Basic Instinct, and for the longest time somehow my brain had crossed the wires of the two, so I knew she was a man, but then I wondered how no one noticed when she uncrossed her legs.

MRTrice

First Post
Hey Guys

Glad so many people enjoyed the old school element of the ecology article. Definitely a big part of what attracted me to writing this one.

Nice work on the other articles as well. Was a strong issue.

My replacement copy of 347 finally arrived. Cool stuff.

I'm starting to get paranoid, though ... the replacement copy of #347 shipped in a brown envelope on 25 AUG and arrived 2 SEP, but my copy of Dungeon #139 supposedly shipped 22 AUG and still hasn't shown up (along with a non-D&D magazine that shipped about that time).

Anyone else in North Jersey have problems with slow magazine shipments? I was evidently spoiled living in Georgia, where I usually got my Dragon/Dungeon within 3-4 days of the ship date on Paizo's website.

Remove ads