Dragon Age 4 (Dreadwolf) now in alpha

pukunui

Legend
UPDATE: BioWare has announced that the game is now in alpha, meaning they can play through the whole game and see how everything fits together.

The title of the fourth game in the Dragon Age CRPG series has been officially announced!

Mor_1x1_1080.jpeg

It looks like it will pick up where Dragon Age: Inquisition left off.

As a big fan of the world of Thedas, I am very excited to see what comes next!

Last edited:

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Same. While the games are by no means perfect, the storytelling and lore are top notch!

If only I could find some people to play the Dragon Age TTRPG with. (I’ve got the original three box sets but not the hardcover book. I’m hoping Green Ronin will do a new, updated book to coincide with DA4.)
I also can’t wait to hear all the DA: D jokes.

I haven’t got a chance to play the RPG either. I’d like to, but working on my own game makes it hard to play a lot of other games.

Last edited:

pukunui

Legend
I also can’t wait to hear all the DA:D jokes.
LOL. I hadn’t thought of that!

My take on the games: 1 and 3 were the most fun but suffered a bit from side quest bloat. 2 had a good story but the repetitive maps became a real drag.

I also tend to find the warriors and rogues boring compared to the flashier mages, and I don’t play on the higher difficulties so don’t tend to worry about advanced tactics.

That said, my Hawke was a rogue so I could have Bethany survive rather than Carter.

I’m most looking forward to seeing where they take the story in terms of the elven lore. That has been some of the most rewarding story developments for me personally.

Solas created the Veil to free the elves from slavery at the hands of their own “gods”. He then disappeared for a long time, and when he returned, he discovered that his people were slaves once again - in some cases literally, in other cases more figuratively (the Dalish are “slaves” to a culture based on lies and misinformation), so now he wants to tear down the Veil in order to free them again.

doctorbadwolf

LOL. I hadn’t thought of that!

My take on the games: 1 and 3 were the most fun but suffered a bit from side quest bloat. 2 had a good story but the repetitive maps became a real drag.

I also tend to find the warriors and rogues boring compared to the flashier mages, and I don’t play on the higher difficulties so don’t tend to worry about advanced tactics.

That said, my Hawke was a rogue so I could have Bethany survive rather than Carter.

I’m most looking forward to seeing where they take the story in terms of the elven lore. That has been some of the most rewarding story developments for me personally.

Solas created the Veil to free the elves from slavery at the hands of their own “gods”. He then disappeared for a long time, and when he returned, he discovered that his people were slaves once again - in some cases literally, in other cases more figuratively (the Dalish are “slaves” to a culture based on lies and misinformation), so now he wants to tear down the Veil in order to free them again.
God I hate that guy.

I may have to play through again, or maybe finish 3, though the gather quests are rough.

I really hope 4 has a good couple elf origins to play as.

Definitely a game I will make time for. The reveals at the end of 3 were really interesting and not at all what I was expecting. It really left a lot hanging and I need to see where it goes.

I'd replay the games before this but probably with some mods or a lower difficulty to move things along. Origins is so good that I would just play that one straight up. 2 was an interesting story that was let down by rushed development. A mod that removes the multiple waves of enemies could be a god send. 3 with a mod that to auto complete all those collectible quests is required. I'm not doing all of that nonsense again.

doctorbadwolf

Definitely a game I will make time for. The reveals at the end of 3 were really interesting and not at all what I was expecting. It really left a lot hanging and I need to see where it goes.

I'd replay the games before this but probably with some mods or a lower difficulty to move things along. Origins is so good that I would just play that one straight up. 2 was an interesting story that was let down by rushed development. A mod that removes the multiple waves of enemies could be a god send. 3 with a mod that to auto complete all those collectible quests is required. I'm not doing all of that nonsense again.
Yeah if I can find an autocomplete mod for the collectible quests in 3, I’m all for it. Origins I have to have the skip the fade mod.

Yeah if I can find an autocomplete mod for the collectible quests in 3, I’m all for it. Origins I have to have the skip the fade mod.
The Fade never bothered me as much as it did my friends. Between them, what I've read online, and how popular the fade skip mod is I might be the only person who feels this way. The only time I really hated it was when I had a Ranger and couldn't summon my pet. It makes sense but man was that annoying. That experience taught me the importance of grenades.

Remove ads