• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon Age 4 (Dreadwolf) now in alpha

I believe it is a reference to the true identity of Inquisition companion/elven god Solas.

Fen'Harel: The Dread Wolf​

Main article: Fen'Harel
The Dread Wolf is an enigmatic trickster god of the elves, whose supposed betrayal of both the benevolent Creators and the malefic Forgotten Ones is the only explanation most elves have for the destruction of Arlathan. Dalish clans view him with wariness and seek to protect themselves and their kin from his treachery.

It is revealed by Solas in Mythal's temple that this could be a misinterpretation by the Dalish and instead he was the god of rebellion.
source

Fen'Haral would like it known that any similarities to the Asgardian known as Loki are entirely coincidental.

Last edited:

pukunui

Legend
I see that there’s going to be a Dragon Age cartoon debuting on Netflix soon. It’s called DA: Absolution and is set in Tevinter. I wonder if it will tie into this game, given that it is also supposed to be mainly set in Tevinter?

I see that there’s going to be a Dragon Age cartoon debuting on Netflix soon. It’s called DA: Absolution and is set in Tevinter. I wonder if it will tie into this game, given that it is also supposed to be mainly set in Tevinter?
Likely. They had a cartoon about Cassandra that gave her backstory mentioned in Inquisition.

As to the The Dread Wolf, I'm not certain that I want to play it. I had a very hard time doing a second playthrough of Inquisition, because so much of that story was designed for Hawke, from the villain, to Cassandra, to Varric, and I just felt that the narrative made much less since due to BioWare abandoning Hawke. YMMV, of course.

Davies

Legend
Probably. The last few comic book series, also set in Tevinter, definitely seemed to be setting stuff up ...

Likely. They had a cartoon about Cassandra that gave her backstory mentioned in Inquisition.

As to the The Dread Wolf, I'm not certain that I want to play it. I had a very hard time doing a second playthrough of Inquisition, because so much of that story was designed for Hawke, from the villain, to Cassandra, to Varric, and I just felt that the narrative made much less since due to BioWare abandoning Hawke. YMMV, of course.
Each Dragon Age adventure has had its own main protagonist. It's a feature of the franchise. It's not about the adventures of a single individual.

Each Dragon Age adventure has had its own main protagonist. It's a feature of the franchise. It's not about the adventures of a single individual.

I'm aware that it became that. However, with DA2, they had initially planned to have Hawke as the Inquisitor, prior to DA2's poor reception. You can find Gaider's summary of what would have happened, as well as concept art of all the NPCs (including Anders and Red Templars) online. It was to be called "The Exalted March."

Reference:
Other data, including concept art, can be found via an internet search.

EDIT: Just want to say that officially it wasn't canned due to reception of DA2, but due to the switch to Frostbite. However, I take that with a grain of salt, as DA2 got a lot of flack when it was released, which is a shame, as I really enjoyed it.

Last edited:

The trailer for the Dragon Age anime looks promising. I didn't see any characters from the games though. Will it even feel like Dragon Age without them?

Remove ads