Dragon Category? I'll be much abliged!

The Anti-Entropy Dragon ought to have an aura which makes diseases worse - since germs reproduce so fast, they ought to be more benefited than anything else by a disinterested force of Life/Growth. Perhaps any creature with a disease in the aura must save or take the disease's damage every round (in 3.5e) or must make a save against the disease every round at some penalty (in 4e)?

paradox42

First Post
Anti-Spirit as Anti-Divinity could work, though only if your base assumption of godhood is that it's related to/a function of the actual Spirit dimension. Entities with godlike power that happen to have other bases, such as the Umbrals we've never seen yet, would lose nothing to Anti-Spirit. Of course, that just makes it a better monster I suppose.

Anti-Entropy being like the Thing makes great sense (and incidentally, the John Carpenter movie was actually a fairly close adaptation of the actual story it and the 1950's movie starring James Arness as the plant-Thing were both ostensibly based on- I've read it- the 1950's movie definitely was not), and the acceleration of disease is just the sort of great touch an apocalyptic monster needs to work well in a game. Nicely suggested. You could potentially look to the Elder Evil, Ragnorra, as something approximating an Anti-Entropy Dragon- at least a Wyrmling one.

Anti-Thought would actually look a lot like an Azathoth, I think- it would have to be a virtually unthinking beast to really exemplify its intended aspect. Perhaps a super-Tarrasque would be the way to go with this one; it can't think itself but it lowers the intellect of everything else nearby and prevents the use of any abilities requiring thought- such as magic or psionics.

Anti-Entropy being like the Thing makes great sense

It's an awesome idea, but how would it be represented in D&D terms? Especially 4e, which is much less friendly to irreversible effects like that?

(and incidentally, the John Carpenter movie was actually a fairly close adaptation of the actual story it and the 1950's movie starring James Arness as the plant-Thing were both ostensibly based on- I've read it- the 1950's movie definitely was not),

Very true.

and the acceleration of disease is just the sort of great touch an apocalyptic monster needs to work well in a game. Nicely suggested.

Thanks!

The idea comes from a creature/deity/Great Old One I've been playing around with the idea for for a long time -- essentially a combination of an embodiment of natural selection with the Aztec goddess Coatlicue. It could be for a game, but if I ever had time I'd finish the sci-fi story I was going to write involving it ... sigh, never enough time...

That creature would have been far more powerful than a mere Eschatolic dragon though!

Anti-Thought would actually look a lot like an Azathoth, I think- it would have to be a virtually unthinking beast to really exemplify its intended aspect. Perhaps a super-Tarrasque would be the way to go with this one; it can't think itself but it lowers the intellect of everything else nearby and prevents the use of any abilities requiring thought- such as magic or psionics.

Sounds cool. Antimagic aura, probably, and Intelligence drain in a big radius.

Anti-Time, in addition to the things others have suggested, ought to have a slowing aura as it begins to consume the time around it. I also like the idea of it going backwards in time; perhaps some attack based on eating the future of its victims?

Anti-Matter Dragon should have an Anti-Matter Effect breath weapon, and probably be extremely resistant to weapon attacks, but not very resistant to energy/magic attacks. It might also have a damaging aura of hard radiation as it annihilates matter that contacts its body; or if you want a more fantasy approach, the damaging aura might represent the slow decay of matter near it.

Remove ads