Dragon Category? I'll be much abliged!

DamienWilacoth

First Post
Ultimate ones. (It can also mean "ones decided upon", but I doubt anyone will use it in Modern Hebrew in such meaning. Did you give it to your friend out of context?)

The conversation went a bit like this.

Me: Can you translate something for me?
Friend: What language?
Me: Hebrew.
Friend: Go for it.
Me: Muhlatim.
Friend: I am decided.

Will all the 3.5e adamic dragons stay adamic, or will some be considered eschatolic now that that category's been added? And if not, what would an eschatolic dragon be like?

Oh, and what would a half-polychromatic dragon template look like?

Belzamus

First Post
Alzrius did a Superior Half-Dragon Template for all the dragons in thw Bestiary 1 in the Design An Epic Monster Contest thread. Check back a few months, it's here somewhere.

Hiya mate! :)

Khisanth the Ancient said:
Will all the 3.5e adamic dragons stay adamic, or will some be considered eschatolic now that that category's been added? And if not, what would an eschatolic dragon be like?

I'm still brainstorming elements of the 4e Dragon Hierarchy, so some 'pieces on the board' may move. There is certainly some similarity between the concepts of Adamic and Eschatolic Dragons.

My current idea is that the Adamic Dragons will still be the default dimensional dragons, the Eschatolic Dragons will be what happens in the absence of those Dimensions...the simplest example of that is Anti-Matter (Apocalypse/Doomsday) Dragons. But what about Anti-Time, Anti-Spirit or even Anti-Entropy. So these seem like the interesting puzzles to solve. :)

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Alzrius did a Superior Half-Dragon Template for all the dragons in thw Bestiary 1 in the Design An Epic Monster Contest thread. Check back a few months, it's here somewhere.

Thanks for the props Belzamus! I'm quite proud of the Superior Half-Dragon template, which can be found here, alongside a number of other innovative monsters that people made for that contest.

paradox42

First Post
My current idea is that the Adamic Dragons will still be the default dimensional dragons, the Eschatolic Dragons will be what happens in the absence of those Dimensions...the simplest example of that is Anti-Matter (Apocalypse/Doomsday) Dragons. But what about Anti-Time, Anti-Spirit or even Anti-Entropy. So these seem like the interesting puzzles to solve. :)
Anti-Spirit would logically be based on the notion of opposition to any alignment; the 3.5E version would have Apostasy by default at Wyrmling and have ways of turning powers like a Paladin's Smite against their users. Also, in the sense of Spirit meaning "enlightenment" in general, it would probably have level-draining abilities galore. All in all, a very nasty customer.

Anti-Entropy would be a combination of a Ravid (animating any objects near it) with Goetic Blood, making copies of itself constantly and subconsciously. This one would be very dangerous if left unchecked; it could rapidly fill an entire plane with nothing but copies of itself.

Anti-Time would look a lot like a regular Time Dragon, but would be hot to the Cometary Dragon's cold, and produce an aura which actively prevents any use of time-related abilities inside it- so no Time Stop, no Time Dilation, and most importantly, no time-senses like Sixth Sense (it can always surprise its opponents) or Seventh Sense (my PCs particularly would HATE this aspect).

Anti-Fate would be based on the Evil Eye ability, forcing opponents to always do the worst possible (for themselves) things. Bad luck all around, the most astonishingly unlucky things would happen constantly around this dragon. Up to and including sudden complete and total existence failure.

Anti-Thought would produce an aura negating all Insight bonuses, have INT-draining abilities, and generally act to reduce the mind/intelligence quotient of anything nearby.

In their own way, all of these are apocalypse-causers, if you want to get explicit about it.

Hey Paradox42 dude! :)

paradox42 said:
Anti-Spirit would logically be based on the notion of opposition to any alignment; the 3.5E version would have Apostasy by default at Wyrmling and have ways of turning powers like a Paladin's Smite against their users. Also, in the sense of Spirit meaning "enlightenment" in general, it would probably have level-draining abilities galore. All in all, a very nasty customer.

Anti-Entropy would be a combination of a Ravid (animating any objects near it) with Goetic Blood, making copies of itself constantly and subconsciously. This one would be very dangerous if left unchecked; it could rapidly fill an entire plane with nothing but copies of itself.

Anti-Time would look a lot like a regular Time Dragon, but would be hot to the Cometary Dragon's cold, and produce an aura which actively prevents any use of time-related abilities inside it- so no Time Stop, no Time Dilation, and most importantly, no time-senses like Sixth Sense (it can always surprise its opponents) or Seventh Sense (my PCs particularly would HATE this aspect).

Anti-Fate would be based on the Evil Eye ability, forcing opponents to always do the worst possible (for themselves) things. Bad luck all around, the most astonishingly unlucky things would happen constantly around this dragon. Up to and including sudden complete and total existence failure.

Anti-Thought would produce an aura negating all Insight bonuses, have INT-draining abilities, and generally act to reduce the mind/intelligence quotient of anything nearby.

In their own way, all of these are apocalypse-causers, if you want to get explicit about it.

Some fantastic suggestions above.

The Anti-Time Dragon could be linked with the concept of Timewave Zero, the Kalpa, or perhaps the Ouzelem Bird. In effect its travelling through time in reverse/backwards. Reminds me of the episode of Andromeda where they had such a villain.

Anti-Spirit might also be anti-divinity. Perhaps it can freeze divinity and then shatter it. Such a power might work by first schism'ing the immortal creating a vulnerable duplicate (frozen quintessence elemental).

The Anti-Entropy Dragon might take over other organisms like the Thing? Each cell of the beast is active.

Remove ads