• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DRAGON & DUNGEON Magazine PDFs Coming To An Online Store Near You!

Right now, there are only three issues (all from the D&D 4E period), but WotC has just put two issues of DUNGEON Magazine and one issue of DRAGON Magazine up online in PDF format for $4.99 each. Does this mean more are to come? (Thanks to Echohawk for the scoop).

Right now, there are only three issues (all from the D&D 4E period), but WotC has just put two issues of DUNGEON Magazine and one issue of DRAGON Magazine up online in PDF format for $4.99 each. Does this mean more are to come? (Thanks to Echohawk for the scoop).

The issues in question are DRAGON #364, DUNGEON #155, and DUNGEON #156. They're available at dndclassics.com, which is the branch of DTRPG/RPGNow which is geared towards just WotC material, and which contains tons of back-catalogue stuff from various editions.

This is an interesting development, and something fans have been asking for for a while. I've grabbed the DRAGON issue, and it's a good quality PDF, the same compilation originally from D&D Insider. Sadly, not in a format suitable for print-on-demand (but hey, I can dream!)

dragon364.jpg
DRAGON #364

dungeon155.jpg
DUNGEON #156

dungeon156.jpg
DUNGEON #155

drag1.jpg

drag2.jpg

delericho

Legend
Good spot. It looks like there are four issues each of Dragon and Dungeon. Might be worth grabbing them now, in case WotC realise their mistake.

callinostros

Explorer
Then you are not the target audience...much the same way people who don't care about Birthright/Dark Sun/Planescape/Ravenloft/Greyhawk/1E/2E/3E/4E etc will never buy any of those pdfs.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I don't understand the price. All money on these now is gravy. 2 dollars seems a much better price to sell a lot. It is like book publishers still charging full price for 20 year old Sci fi book titles.

JohnnyZemo

Explorer
I would love to fill in the gaps in my DUNGEON collection. It would be great to have all of the old issues available as PDFs. I'd love to see them make all the old issues available, maybe even as one giant download that you could get at a discount. (At $5 a pop, you'd have to spend $850 for 170 issues of DUNGEON, which is significantly more than I'd be willing to pay.)

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Whatever anyone thinks of the game mechanics, there are some very well-written articles and adventures in the 4e issues of both magazines.

Cheers

Rich
Anything that contains mechanics can't be used if 4e isn't used. Seems 5$ for stuff I can't use is ridiculus.

Remove ads

Remove ads