Dragon Fist physical copy

Armadillo

Explorer
I'm also eagerly awaiting the day we see Dragon Fist again. The mechanics and setting were geared for pure fun. But, I don't think that we'll see it anytime soon.

Evil_Dead_Jedi

First Post
Yeah, it has a few things I don't care for, Vancian magic for one, but I'd rather that than the powers of 4e. I don't know why because I think the powers system is ok. I also don't like how you can't use armor and do stunts, but I think I saw one of the NPCs listed having armor and a stunt. Of course that could just be my head messing with me. I really would love to see fan creations for that system. I think it was very hip for its time and it unfortunately got lost in the 3e explosion/shuffle.

I am trying to get games running for three different systems (unfortunately I really only play a few times a year so this is all just fancy wishes for me, lol) and now I want to run Dragon Fist. And I want to work on sourcebook type material for both Dragon Fist and C&C/EQ.

Anyone do any sourcebooks or articles for DF?

Evil_Dead_Jedi

First Post
When it seemed we might do some 4E support, Dragon Fist was a serious contender for one of the initial projects. The GSL killed that idea though.

Mr. Pramas. In the flesh! Err, virtual flesh... So I remember there being talk of a sourcebook of more martial arts maneuvers and things like that. Did that ever become of anything? I'd like to hear some tidbit treasures of anything that you might have made for the game as I think the system design is simply brilliant for being a class/level system. The entire thing was just so well written and I would LOVE to know if there is anything floating around that would add to the already cool game!

[Edit] By the way, I am honored to have Mr. Pramas post in one of my threads!!! Friggin' cool!!!

Last edited:

Pramas

Explorer
Mr. Pramas. In the flesh! Err, virtual flesh... So I remember there being talk of a sourcebook of more martial arts maneuvers and things like that. Did that ever become of anything?

The only follow up material that ever came out was an article I wrote for Polyhedron that detailed a new society.

Evil_Dead_Jedi

First Post
3rd Era is just a brand for our old 3.0 and 3.5 stuff. Dragon Fist and 3E were never a good match. That's why the plan had been to make its own stand-alone variant.

This is cool. I am glad that there were no plans to make DF into a Feat-Fest if you get my meaning. 3.x was good for what it was but would have made DF unnecessarily cluttered.

And it may be something very small and I might never use it, but I'd like to get my hands on that article about the other martial art society...

Well, hopefully I can get at least a one-shot adventure of DF in at some point. Maybe the module at the end of the .pdf...!

Remove ads