Dragon Fist physical copy

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Out of curiosity, is the original PDF even available anywhere now? I had it back in the day, but that was two computers ago, and I can't find it now. :(

As an aside, what issue of Polyhedron was that new DF society in?

Ranger REG

Explorer
3rd Era is just a brand for our old 3.0 and 3.5 stuff. Dragon Fist and 3E were never a good match. That's why the plan had been to make its own stand-alone variant.
Does that also mean that DF and 2E were never a good match, too? What key differences (if any) that would prevent DF from marrying/merging with 3e?

Evil_Dead_Jedi

First Post
Does that also mean that DF and 2E were never a good match, too? What key differences (if any) that would prevent DF from marrying/merging with 3e?

It seems to me that DF is a hybrid of 2e and 3e. Kind of like how 4e was the result of 3.x morphing into Star Wars Saga Edition and then that was the precursor to 4e. DF is that same bridge between editions. I could be wrong but that's what it feels like.

Ranger REG

Explorer
It seems to me that DF is a hybrid of 2e and 3e. Kind of like how 4e was the result of 3.x morphing into Star Wars Saga Edition and then that was the precursor to 4e. DF is that same bridge between editions. I could be wrong but that's what it feels like.
Really? I thought Star Wars Saga is Rodney Thompson's take of the 4e Alpha Development Material.

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
When it seemed we might do some 4E support, Dragon Fist was a serious contender for one of the initial projects. The GSL killed that idea though.

With the changes to the GSL, is there any chance you might reconsider?

Also, why not release the original as a print on demand book on Lulu.com? That seems more cost-effective. I don't know the legalities of it, though.

Jib

First Post
I would buy it and use it for 4E in a heart beat! Of course the GSL would have to change for that to happen.

In any other form I would buy the RPG and it might see table top play but would certainly be used as a source book.

Mad Monk

First Post
The only follow up material that ever came out was an article I wrote for Polyhedron that detailed a new society.

In which number of the magazine? Or was it never printed? Thanks in advance. (I want to hunt down every small piece of info regarding DF).

I think it must be either a mage society, or maybe a thief or cleric one.

Remove ads