Dragon Fist physical copy

Greatwyrm

Been here a while...
Green Ronin just sits on the Dragon Fist property, doing with it what they have done for years: nothing.

Just because you haven't heard anything, don't assume there's nothing going on. I was part of a DF playtest group around 2005. I doubt that ever really got a lot of fanfare.

cangrejoide

First Post
3rd Era is just a brand for our old 3.0 and 3.5 stuff. Dragon Fist and 3E were never a good match. That's why the plan had been to make its own stand-alone variant.

Okay so lets forget about the GSL , how about using another system ( SIAF or even the new Dragon Age system)?

coyote6

Adventurer
IIRC, Chris Pramas was busy -- I believe with either the then-new day job or Warhammer RPG or just generally running Green Ronin -- so they brought in someone to write/finish/whatever DF. I recall that they said it was a new system. I got the impression that the author flaked out, or what he wrote didn't work, or something like that -- which happens -- and that mortally wounded the project. That's merely the impression that I got from various threads on GR's forums & such, though, so add large heaps of salt.

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
Is there anything prohibiting GR from putting the existing Dragon Fist PDF out on Lulu and making it a print-on-demand book? I'm certain some modifications would have to be made to take WotC's name off of it, but otherwise, why not go that route? Outdated game system?

CapnZapp

Legend
Just because you haven't heard anything, don't assume there's nothing going on. I was part of a DF playtest group around 2005. I doubt that ever really got a lot of fanfare.
I am aware there was a project going on. Possibly even the author's name was made public, but I don't remember.

However, what do we have to show for all that is "going on" these last ten years or so?

Absolutely zilch*. That fact is what I based my statement on; and I'll stand by it.

If Green Ronin were to reveal a stunning game line tomorrow that would be great; but it also would not change the truth about the sitting around for ages doing nothing.

Best Regards,
Zapp

*) not absolutely true: there was one publically perceptible change just a few years back:

The closing of the Dragon Fist sub-forum...

Shag

Explorer
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Fist-Martial-Action-Playing/dp/193244260X]Amazon.com: Dragon Fist: The RPG Of Martial Arts Action (Role Playing Game) (9781932442601): Chris Pramas, Tony Lee, Tony Wong: Books[/ame]

So this never came out then?

I was just talking with my brother the other day that the only good Kung Fu Rpg is Feng Shui and that comes with all the baggage of covering every Asian action genre at the same time. I would really like to see one that covers just ancient china, especially since I'm reading Three Kingdoms.

I think Dragon Fist and 4E would be a great fit!
Especially since Feng Shui is basically dead. I read somewhere that Robin had some ideas for what he would do with a new edition and that he still held the right to any new editions.

So count me in as interested in a Kung Fu RPG.

PS. Wait, why doesn't Green Ronin just get Robin Laws to take what they have and rewrite it. Imagine a Kung Fu RPG with the Authors Chris Pramas and Robin D Laws name's on the cover!

Last edited:

dm4hire

Explorer
Wow, talk about a raise dead spell.

Anyway, yeah it might be nice, but I think Chris really wants to keep DF as his own baby.

Remove ads